Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood ts 940s avr board  (Read 1539 times)
VE3RXM

Ignore
« on: February 28, 2006, 05:05:05 AM »

Hi I bought an old ts 940s at hamfest, worked for a week then died . I traced it back to the board on the power supply. i am trying to find the improved board to replace it. The part # is x43-1500-00. Can anyone out there help? I have check some places but they are discontinued.
N0XWR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 04:45:23 PM »

you won't find one.  you should endeavor to fix the one you have.  first, check regulator Q103.  it is in the rear left corner of the rig as the rig faces you.  it is on the heatsink for the power supply.  there are three regulators side by side.  it is the one on the far left. no matter whether you replace it or it is good, it is imperative that you cut the connector off of the three wire harness that plugs on to regulator Q103 and solder directly to it. this harness comes from plug-in #2 on the AVR.  over time the connector overheats and fails and cannot carry the 20-30 volts to and from that regulator.  i have seen the problem many, many times.  when the connection to that regulator fails, it takes out Q6 on the AVR board, so check it next. clif at AAvid, now retired helped me get through the problem.  also check D3, D9 and D14 which are zener diodes on the AVR board. they can be checked right on the board with a multimeter.  the board can be removed easily.  as you unplug the wiring harness use a sharpie and number each connector so that you can reinstall it easily. make a diagram, too.  use small long nose forceps to unplug the connectors to the AVR board. Incidentally, Q103 is part #NTE377 available at mouser.  Q6 is part #NTE382 also available at mouser.  i have the part numbers for the zeners if you need them. 73s  Jerry N0XWR
KD1EZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 04:48:05 PM »

Hi
Need to get the diode part #

Thanks Rick KD1EZ  Roswell NM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: