Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT-7100  (Read 329 times)
N0POM

Ignore
« on: January 17, 2009, 09:47:23 PM »

Not sure what went wrong with my working Ft-7100 but all of a sudden after I transmit and turn the volume up enough to hear anything I get a loud MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (best way to describe it) Almost like feedback but no other radios are turned on. If I turn the volume way down the noise goes away but I do not hear anything. If I pug in an earphone I can then hear that the rig seems to be tripping the repeater and I can hear QSO's and the repeater tones. So I don't think the sensitivity is gone nor does the transmit seem to be gone.  I am not sure at this point if the radio is worth what it would cost to send it in to Yaesu. Could this be a rather simple fix?It has always been a reliable rig until now and I like it. Spotter season is only about 2.5 months away so I have to make some decisions. Any ideas?? N0POM
KC8VWM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 03:48:54 AM »

What you have described oftens occur when microphone wiring or connectors develop an internal short circuit.

Try changing your microphone and see if Bessie, the cow remains in your speaker. Smiley

Hope that helps.

73 de Charles - KC8VWM
KC0RBX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 04:51:29 PM »

Now, if you'd heard "MOOOOOOOOOOVE over, bacon", I'd say a c.b.er was trying to freeband over you.
N0POM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »

I unplugged the mic and it still does it. So that is not the problem. I am guessing maybe the audio circuit went bad?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: