Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need MixW / microHam DigiKeyer help in Minneapolis  (Read 250 times)
W0XS

Ignore
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:50:45 AM »

I have a IC-756PROII, a microHam DigiKeyer, a HP computer running Vista (64 bit OS) and I can't get MixW or Logic8 or TRX Manager to work.

Is there a ham near me (Bloomington MN) who is familiar with this software and hardware who can get me up and running on digital modes? I've not had any luck getting it all working myself.

I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee for expert help.
N5LRZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 10:07:01 AM »

Well the first thing you need to do is determine if the software program(s) that you will be loading will function on VISTA at all.

This is the problem with new Computer Op Systems and independant program designers.  Sometimes they design their programs to work on one the older (most common) operational systems.  When the New Op System comes out their programs may work or perhaps just might not work.

IF the program(s) you are using have not been so designed to operate on VISTA then you may have to remove VISTA and install the next op system down--Windows XP.

CHECK the web sites for the interfaces and software programs to see if the drivers and or programs required are VISTA Compatable.

W6KGP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 01:47:22 PM »

There may be another possible solution.

Although I don't have Vista or the programs you describe, try this...
Right click on the shortcut to the program
Click on Properties
Click on Compatibility (hope it's avail on these progams)
You may see the OS that will work with MixW eg 95,98 or XP.

Good luck
Leo
WI7B

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 03:18:36 PM »

I think the previous commentors are not so familiar with the software. MixW WILL work under VISTA.  Here are the requirements for your PC:

Computer - 486 CPU, 100 MHz minimum (Pentium 166 MHz or higher is recommended).
Soundcard - 16-bit Windows-compatible.
RAM - 16 MB or more.
HDD - at least 3.5 MB free space.
OS - Windows 9x, ME, NT4, 2000, XP.

My thought would be that your soundcard is not compatible.  If you are using an on-board sound device, check that it is 16-bit compatible.  If not, you'll need to get a PCI or IDE soundcard for the PC.

---* Ken

WI7B

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 03:20:31 PM »

"MixW for digital modes may be used without TNC. The only requirements are a computer running Windows 9x, ME, NT4, 2000, XP or Vista operating system with compatible soundcard and one of the RigExpert USB interfaces."

from the MixW website

---* Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: