Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with the tigertronics USB  (Read 243 times)
KE7WSX

Ignore
« on: August 10, 2009, 06:47:12 PM »

Hi,

I Just Received a Tigertronics USB that i purchased direct, and I hooked it up to a IC-706MKII im using through the automatic tuner, and when I try it, it keys the transmitter intermittently, but even then no Power output.

Is it the Radio, Interface, or the computer?

im using a Averatec 7100 series with Windows XP and i've tried using Digipan and fldigi

any ideas?

Jaydee
KA8OCN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 07:08:18 PM »

I just purchased 2 of those (Replacing some RigBlaster Pros).

On one of them I had to go into the windows control panel and click on the sounds and click around until I found the output volume and turn it all the way up on the computer.

After I did that I had no problem with the adjustment of the audio on the SignaLink.

There is some jumpers inside the interface if you cant get enough audio out of the computer for your rig but I found after I turned the colume all the say up in control panel it works just fine.

Good Luck
Delbert McCord KA8OCN
K0BT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 09:24:06 PM »

You might want to check a couple of things.   For starters, if the rig keys, but you have no power indicated and if your rig otherwise works with a microphone, then you probably have too little audio from the USB interaface into the rig.

Make sure that your Windows system hasn't selected the USB interface as the default sound card, to prevent every Windows beep and noise from being transmitted.  Use the computer's built in sound card interface as your default card for Windows sounds and setup only your ham radio software to use the USB interface.  

Then go into your sound card settings (Control Panel/Sound) and set the software Playback and Record volume for the USB interface to a level that works for your rig.  Sometimes it works better to just set the software controlled volume settings to 100% and use the knobs on the interface box to set the level needed by your radio.   Start with the software Playback set at 100% and the TX knob at 50% and try adjusting it from there.  Once you get it working, do not overdrive the rig.   Also, turn off the speech processor on your rig.  

Let us know the symptoms after you try that and we'll see what else we can suggest.

Bob
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 05:28:32 AM »

The fact that it keys "intermittantly" is also an indication that the sound card level (output and WAV) controls are not set high enough.
KE7WSX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 04:33:50 PM »

Ive adjusted the output and it works with keying the radio and everything, now I just have to wait and see if I finally got it working (I checked and in my area the bands are really noisy)

Thank you all very much

Jaydee
KE7WSX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 08:05:45 PM »

Well now I have more problems...

Ive played around in audio controls, but I have figured out I can only really get It to work properly when I have it as the default sound card for windows, otherwise it doesnt work whatsoever, even if I have it set as the soundcard for fldigi.

Jaydee
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: