Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: License terminated...no reason given yet.  (Read 5637 times)
KF7EGG

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2009, 10:23:39 PM »

To clear things up. I did commit a very serious crime of a sexual nature. I won't go into the details. At the time, during negotiations for prosecution, I was allowed to delay proceedings long enough to complete my 20 years of Naval Service and retire from the U.S. Navy.

I did not protest the conviction nor the punishment. The crime was terrible in my own mind and had a terrible effect on the victim. There is absolutely no way I can make up for that fact.

In the time I have been out of prison, I have set a goal of being a productive, contributing, and law abiding member of the community.

My interest in using amateur radio was to further explore the use of radio as a means of emergency communication in locations where all other normal means are not available. The results of my experiments were to become an integral part of my posts on my own website (see profile) and available free to the general public.

With the general animosity now that my past conviction has come to light, I am no longer sure that I can be effective in amateur radio. It may be that anything of a useful nature I find will be much too tainted by my past.

I have received email from a general counsel from the FCC and will speak with her on Monday.
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2009, 12:24:52 PM »

KF7EGG (pending):  

Just tell the truth.  

Whatever way they decide, continue on in good endeavor.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2009, 05:08:35 PM »

>RE: License terminated...no reason given yet.  Reply  
by AC5UP on September 11, 2009  Mail this to a friend!  
...worst use of German I've seen in a long time.<

::German??
KB3RHV

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2009, 07:09:45 PM »

"German??"

Non plures populus teneo quam oro nerd.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2009, 09:03:35 PM »

But I do know how to speak nerd, it's my second language!
M0GDU

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2009, 05:19:36 AM »

Sounds to me like the 'man who crossed the line' and 'the man who stands before us today' aren't the same.

You did the crime, but you've done the time, and where I'm from that makes you the equal of all of us - your debt to society is paid.

Good luck at the FCC.

73 Richard M0GDU
KF7EGG

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2009, 08:58:41 AM »

I want to thank everyone who replied to this thread. I understand all the various opinions and none of them were unreasonable considering that none of you have ever met me nor interacted with me other than here.

Like I said, I have to call the FCC tomorrow. I have some questions that need "official" answers. Depending on what I find out, I may simply bow out for a time.

In the mean time, I'll work with the CB and try to find methods to use that as a means of emergency communications. It may just be a single band and limited power but, if ham rigs running 5 watts or less can do it...
N0EQ

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2009, 06:27:21 PM »

M0GDU wrote:
"... You did the crime, but you've done the time, and where I'm from that makes you the equal of all of us - your debt to society is paid ..."

I feel the same way. Always have. Millions of people
commit crimes. I'm not sure why those related to sex
are given such public notice. We don't make public
websites notifying people where the arsonists and
drug dealers and drunk drivers live.

And I'm certainly not sure what denying a ham radio
license to with sexual offenders is supposed
to achieve.

Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke

www.n0eq.com
N5LRZ

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »

WHAT is even worse...

If you kill somoeone due to a DUI you could be charged with vehicular murder and sentenced to prison.

Which is why NEVER NEVER NEVER drive even if you have ONE single drink or ONE single beer.

I have absolutely nothing against someone who likes to drink adult beverages, dont get me wrong, BUT people who blow a legal DUI should and ought to be geneticly altered to physically wrench their guts out with hurls even if they have one single sip of alcohol.  

That would reduce the incident of DUI significantly because as far as I know, no one can drive and puke their guts out at the same time.
N6NKN

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2009, 04:39:28 PM »

Been gone for a while. I see nothing has changed.

Rick N6NKN
KD8ERE

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »

So you committed a crime, served your punishment, and are now a functioning member of society. You're square bud. Having your license terminated may not be related, nor should it be. I know a man whose son assisted me in getting into ham radio. He too was convicted of a sex crime. He still has his license. Maybe there is a computer glitched as mentioned in an earlier post. It could be anything. Just keep your head up high. Good things come to those who wait. 73!
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2009, 06:24:17 PM »

It does seem a bit arbitrary to judge an amateur radio licensee's worthiness based on convictions that have nothing to do with radio, or communications, or FCC rules.

However, "it is what it is."  

Let us know what happens.
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2009, 03:52:40 AM »

Ache du himmle! (:-)

73 de Lindy
N4LI

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2009, 05:02:25 AM »

Setting aside the normative discussion as to how this should go (my opinions, while strong, are not relevant), this FCC case will show what will likely happen:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-07-4676A1.pdf

The facts here seem fairly analogous.  The Order of Revocation also explains FCC thinking on felony convictions and the legal foundation.
K4DPK

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2009, 01:38:15 PM »

This comment is addressed not just to the original post, but to some of the other responses.

It seems intellectually inconsistent, if not downright dishonest, to invite child molesters or to approve their participation in an activity that is constantly striving to recruit more young people.

Phil C. Sr.
k4dpk
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: