Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-ONE all zeros  (Read 250 times)
KB2GOB

Ignore
« on: September 13, 2009, 04:50:44 PM »

Hi Guys, name here is Marty KB2GOB  just getting back into radio after many years..family and career obligations, now I have some free time.Question I bought a FT-ONE and when I got it and turned it on only zero's appeared in the display...Ireally like this radio and have always wanted one...so can you direct me to a person, facility or business that can repair the radio and give a going over...I really appreciate you taking the time, hope to be on the air soon  Marty
ZS5WC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 06:24:08 AM »

Hi Marty,
Welcome back!.. Check the FT-ONE's memory backup batteries, they could be low or shorted.
If you turn the rig on its' side, there is a compartment in the bottom cover, open that, and for a test remove the batteries-also check for leakage.
Make sure you have the VFO selected and not memory.
If the rig has recently been transported, make sure all the PCB's are well seated in their sockets..
I too have an FT-one that needs a revamp one fine day..

Good Luck!.
William
ZS5WC / ZS4L
KB2GOB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 08:07:58 AM »

Hi William and thank you very much for getting back to me. I checked the batteries as you suggested and all was very clean/like new also changed the battery while I was there anyway, I also pulled all the boards cleaned the contacts and reseated them, still the same condition...looks like this radio may need a pro.  Once again I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my post...Marty
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 08:36:48 AM »

Marty,

Go to foxtango.com and sign up. I'll bet somone there can help you out. It's a great resource for the older Yaesu stuff. Good luck.

73 de Lindy
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 08:39:02 AM »

OOoop,

That should be Foxtango.org.

73 de Lindy
N3JJT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 10:47:02 AM »

Hi, Marty.....Also there is a switch on the back of the rig which enables the battery back-up.  Make sure it is switched on.  Another thing, once you turn the rig on, and you see all "zeros", just roll the VFO knob, and you should see actual frequencies. From that point, you should be able to go to any band or frequency you want.  I have an FT-ONE, and I operate the rig on a regular basis. Enjoy the rig, I know I do!

Good Luck!  Hope this helped!  73  Scott
N3JJT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 09:02:47 AM »

Marty...One more thing..There is a Yahoo users group for the FT-ONE.

Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: