Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MFJ-1263  (Read 320 times)
AK0TF

Ignore
« on: October 22, 2009, 03:08:04 PM »

Does any body know how to set up this mic center for Icom radios?  I have not had much luck.  I have tried several different jumper setups and the most I can get is a carrier signal out but no audio.  Tim AK0TF
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 05:10:18 PM »

You'll probably need to know the pin assignment of the microphone you're using, and that of the specific radio.  Not all 8-pin mikes will work properly with any given Icom radio - even if it's an Icom mike.

With that information, you should be able to trace the path for each mike function from the mike through the MFJ thing (good luck with that) and to the connector on the radio.

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
KA8OCN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 11:01:08 PM »

I have a couple of them and mine work find with my Icom 756 Pro III and the 746 Pro. I have the switches in series so I can connect 3 rigs and I have a Jetstream 220 rig all running through the switches no problem. I am using a Heil PR-40 for the mic not the original Icom mic but I have plugged in my hand mic that came with the rig to test with and it worked on the Icoms just fine (I did not try it on the Jetstream).

There is a pamplet that comes with the switch that explaines how to set it up inside. It should be available on MFJ's website. If you dont have the paperwork on it and cant locate it on the web let me know and I will copy it and snail Mail it to you.

Delbert McCord KA8OCN
PS if you need it please drop me a note at my email
dottys@charter.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: