Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Glen Baxter K1MAN back on the air running a broadcast  (Read 28865 times)
W5WSS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 11:57:05 AM »

It is very possible that one of the misfits is playing recordings from the recent past....although I do not listen much there perhaps they are real and present new topics. I will listen carefully for clues that indicate which is most likely the case.
N1KON

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2009, 06:19:26 PM »

How is this personally injuring you? Use the VFO knob...

I bet if a small number of hams also want to do it, oh lets say 50 of them, all on 20m you might feel different.
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 06:46:24 PM »

I heard his broadcast Friday. What an idiot!
KD8LGW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »

It injure me because it diminishes my experience on the band.

I have been a ham for three months, and a lawyer for eighteen years.  Before anyone lectures me about free expression, you should know that I practice First Amendment law for a living.  Its not something I claim to do, or pretend to know about. Its how I feed my family, 2,000 hours a year, year in and year out.  I have published on the subject, and taught First Amendment law at two universities.

What is happening on 14.275 cannot and should not be silenced because of its content, which is lamentable and juvenile. But while those who spew have a right to their opinions, and a right to speak them on the air, they have no right to monopolize a band as if it were  their private domain, nor to broadcast on 20 meters under the terms of the license which they hold.

The harm of such conduct is twofold.  

First, it deprives all of us of the lawful use of a small segment of the band. Whenever I tune on 20 meters looking for a legitimate QSO, I dial right by 14.275, because I know that there is no hope of making contact there . It has been taken from me, and from you.  

By what right have these people arrogated to themselves the power to make such exclusive use of a public resource?  Yes, it is only a small part of the band, but, unlike the Internet, which is endless in its scope, 20 meters is a finite resource. We are compelled to share it.  And bound to share it according to the rules.

Therein is the second harm.  I obey the law, why should a different set of rules apply to anyone else?  Allowing the abusers of 14.275 to flout the rules diminishes the rule of law and mocks those of us who feel bound - correctly - to live within the law. It only takes a few 14.275s to erode order on the air and create an unworkable free-for-all in which none of us can enjoy the bands.
W3ML

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 07:37:15 AM »

"Therein is the second harm. I obey the law, why should a different set of rules apply to anyone else?"

Did you ask this question to the FCC?

Have you asked anyone in an official status about this activity?

I did.

John, W3ML
K4DPK

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »

KD8LGW...Well said!

Gentlemen:

Complaining to each other on e-ham will have zero effect on K1MAN's operation.  Only complaints en masse to FCC has a possibility of beneficial result.

Now, while Ms. Smith is still new on the job, would be the best time to complain.  She might even welcome an opportunity to prove the 'new sheriff' does indeed have "guns".

Phil C. Sr.
k4dpk
KAISERSOUSE

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 09:31:03 AM »

I had no idea that this toolbag lived in my state (Maine).  I'm sorry everyone Sad
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 09:37:53 AM »

KAISERSOUSE, you left of an S at the beginning of tool.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

KAISERSOUSE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 09:45:52 AM »

I just got done reading a bunch of stuff about this skitzo...how on earth is he even allowed to have electricity anymore? Why would anyone take the FCC seriously after seeing how much this guy has gotten away with? This is simply amazing.
TERRY_PERRY_EX_W3VR

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »

"RE: Why is Glen Baxter K1MAN back on the air running a broad       Reply
by K4DPK on August 4, 2009    Mail this to a friend!
KD8LGW...Well said!

She might even welcome an opportunity to prove the 'new sheriff' does indeed have "guns"."

Have you checked out the copies posted of her latest ham warning letters?

Each citing includes recordings from FCC monitoring station according to the letter. The responses in the letter from those cited are also mentioned.

Interesting if nothing else.

Maybe the lady has some teeth.

Time will tell.
K4CAV

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 06:32:48 PM »

by W4VR on July 27, 2009       
"The FCC has yet to rule on the fate of his license. I don't know what they are waiting for. I also doubt he has paid his $21K fine."

Here is my email sent 8/11/09 to the FCC followed by the response.

It is 8:13 PM EST and K1MAN is still broadcasting on 14.275.00 on the 20 M band. What are you doing about this?

James Loftus

K4CAV

Response

Mr. Loftus:  An investigation into the matter is ongoing.

Laura

Laura L. Smith, Esq.| Special Counsel | Enforcement Bureau | Federal Communications Commission | 1270 Fairfield Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325| 717-338-2577 (phone)| 717-338-2574 (fax)

Here's my question. How long is "ongoing"?

Jim
K4CAV
K4DPK

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 07:28:15 PM »

C'mon guys....

Her e-address is fccham@fcc.gov

The squeaking wheel gets the grease.

Phil C. Sr.
k4dpk
W5CBO

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 01:05:01 PM »

Maybe soon we'll read Ham Gets his Goose cooked.
KF6PHV

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »

RE: Why is Glen Baxter K1MAN back on the air runni   Reply
by K0BG on August 10, 2009    Mail this to a friend!
KAISERSOUSE, you left of an S at the beginning of tool.

Alan, KØBG

Alan, I must point out that YOU left an f off of the word "off", making it "of", which makes no sense.

But then again, I knew what you were talking about.  Just because you did not read it thoroughly enough before you sent it means that I have to admonish you for admonishing someone else.

Yeah, I am just a no-code tech.  An old smart ass, at that.

Ger
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 06:32:23 AM »

I was scanning thru 20M, and accidentally stumbled upon this guy. I recognized the call, and that he was a topic on here. After a very short search, I was stunned on what I found. The bottom line is that he has some sort of screw loose. I am not sure what he is trying to accomplish, other than to be anti-establishment.

I will say this. After reading about him, I am stunned that the FCC has not taken him off the air. Makes them look very soft.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: