Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Glen Baxter K1MAN back on the air running a broadcast  (Read 27273 times)
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2009, 11:48:24 AM »

The MORE scarce resources the FCC devotes to dealing with morons like Baxter the more likely they will decide the "final solution" to their problem is to shut down the entire service or impose such strict regulations that all the bands turn in to 60 meters.  

We had an ongoing dispute  locally between  bike riders and hikers  trying to use the same path on government owned property.  The authorities  weighed the cost of extra "enforcement" against the  "revenue" produced and just closed it.  It's not the first time.
KAISERSOUSE

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2009, 12:51:36 PM »

Hate speech is not covered under first amendment rights last I knew.  Calling people derogatory names based on their gender, race, religion, or sexual preference is considered hate speech. As such, since this "patriot" is apparently in the practice of using such speech, he is not covered by the first amendment. Period.

And people are "fixated" on this person because he seems to give real amateur radio enthusiasts a bad name. Imagine a ham introducing someone to their hobby, and then falling upon this tools broadcasts.

"Amateur radio is full of great folks who have formed a wonderful community over the years. Just listen!"
*"F----ts! N----rs!"*
"Umm...except for him. He doesn't count"

Try and defend him all you want, but what he is doing is wrong on a moral, ethical, and legal level.
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2009, 12:53:37 PM »

K1NAM as a propagation beacon! I like that! with his crappy signal that will work great for checking propagation to the east from AZ!  Thanks Glen!
K0CWO

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2009, 01:45:05 PM »

Why does the sun come up?  Perhaps Glen will burn out like the sun eventually will:)  Maybe it will be taken care of by global warming:)
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2009, 02:43:45 PM »

The FCC database says the K1MAN license expired in October 2005. The renewal application has been under administrative review since then.

As I understand it, in such cases the licensee is allowed to continue operating until a final decision is made.

Obviously the whole matter is a low priority to FCC because it's not a matter of interference to public-safety communications. (That's what got Jack Gerritsen).

There's also the question of evidence & complaints. Yes, FCC should have more than enough, but it can't help to give them more.

If K1MAN's operation bothers you, the thing to do is to tape record the offensive parts and send the tape to FCC with a signed letter stating time, date, and frequency. If you experienced deliberate harmful interference, state the exact situation. (Note that FCC only considers interference to be "deliberate" if the interferer makes comments indicating that it is, or if you QSY and the interferer follows you.)

Yes, in the old days, decades ago, FCC would just pull the license for a lot less. But since about the 1970s FCC has been wary of losing court cases, so they wait until they have such a mountain of evidence that they simply cannot lose. That's why it took so long to get folks like Gerritsen and Flippo - and why the end result was what it was.

73 de Jim, N2EY

N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2009, 08:08:10 PM »

Good advice.  I look forward to the the day when this 14.275 MHz lunacy is nothing more than a bad memory.

Vince
W6VPS

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2009, 01:00:55 PM »

It never hurts to try. Who knows something could happen.  But it seems that as long as the "messin' around" occurs within the confines of the Amateur Radio sand box the FCC has neither the will, desire nor resources to deal with these kinds of issues.

As noted it was messing with U.S. Army and Coast Guard comms which finally caught up with Gerritsen. Had he remained on the amateur frequencies I firmly believe he'd still be out there doing his best imitation of a true jerk.

Paul/W6VPS
W1IT

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2010, 08:51:23 AM »

As for the Cbers taking over 20 meters I agree. Its very sad. Amateur radio as it once existed is dead. Less educated persons who sound like truckers are everywhere.

This however, doesn't address the broadcasting issue. I wonder if Ms. Laura will get the Federal Marshals to take away his toy?
KC7NOA

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2010, 12:56:17 PM »

Well this is the first iv heard his station ... what im hearing right now i would say isn't ham radio related. I do believe its about two people that are pushing broad band for every one in congress. Its kinda distorted .. wonder how much power is being run there ..??
KC4EOE

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2010, 04:55:37 AM »

A propagation beacon is exactly how I have always treated his broadcasts since he started them. I know he is breaking the rules and p***** a lot of hams off, but it is like the AARL broadcasts, either you enjoy them or you don't. I do find it curious why certain hams (you know who you are) have spent years fighting with him on-air and who seem consumed with that particular frequency. Some of these hams have gained international notoriety and that's exactly what our politically correct government does NOT want. It does point out, however, that the FCC really is a paper tiger and has been since the 70's.
KB2CPW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2010, 11:01:22 AM »

Pretty good comments, I too have used him as a propagation beacon. In fact, being just a few states away from him, he was just about the only one on the band and he had a good signal. I look at the bright side, he is keeping that other Canadian knucklehead from spewing his silly diatribes, you know the guy with the 50 year old Volvo, no job and a rat infested skanky house. He should take a bath and sell off some of his gear and buy a few gallons of Benjamin Moore House paint and get to it..

Anyway,

When you get rid of one, three take their place.. Someone has to be the town nutjob..
K4CAV

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »

The Canadian knucklehead is still with us. He has moved to 14.272.000 and sometimes 14.272.500
He just won't go away.
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2010, 04:41:39 AM »

We wanted a smaller government, less governement spending, and less interference with our lives. That is what we have with the FCC. It all started in the early 80's. We are where we are today. Enjoy it.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2010, 05:59:51 AM »

He doesn't bother me because I don't listen to him!
N1KON

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2010, 06:06:28 AM »

"He doesn't bother me because I don't listen to him!"

and if 5% of all hams did what he is doing then none of us would be able to operate, that is the issue I have.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: