Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Glen Baxter K1MAN back on the air running a broadcast  (Read 26846 times)
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2010, 06:53:39 AM »

So isn't it good that "5% of the hams" are NOT doing it?
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »

Its just like everything else about our government all bark no bite .I am talking about fcc.Lack of $$$$.. Still the greatest country to live in..kc8ktn/chuck...
AE5JU

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2010, 01:28:42 PM »

What's going on with this?  I thought all of the problems were from the new "no-code" hams?  Or the CB'ers.  Or both.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2010, 06:58:20 PM »

The last time I turned on HF (two days ago) old cranks were griping about another operator's sensitive mike. No, they didn't offer any helpful advice they just groused after he was gone for 15 minutes. If that is the conversation K1MAN was interrupting, it doesn't bother me. I just enjoy the hobby! Think of all the free publicity K1MAN gets from the complainers! They are their own worst enemies.

As far as the FCC taking any action, first they have to prove he is breaking a law. I always side on free speech!
K6JWB

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2010, 09:34:53 AM »

I do not agree with K1MAN occupying 14.275 24/7/365. This would be similar to someone parking on the street for more than three days, although it's public, you DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ABUSE the privilege. BTW, it's Feb 15th, 2010 and he's still broadcasting...
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2010, 10:08:53 AM »

K6JWB writes: "I do not agree with K1MAN occupying 14.275 24/7/365. This would be similar to someone parking on the street for more than three days, although it's public, you DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ABUSE the privilege."

What's wrong with either thing, if all the rest is legal?

I'm not defending K1MAN - but why is it wrong for anyone to operate 24/7, if they can do so legally?

There are propagation beacons which operate 24/7 - should they be banned from Amateur Radio too? How about repeaters?

Now, if K1MAN is intentionally QRMing others, or has content which is not legal in the ARS, or doesn't have a control operator present and in control of the station at all times, that's different.

--

What about this scenario:

Suppose there were three retired hams who were neighbors. Suppose they joined forces to avoid QRMing each other, and built a single, really good station. And they operated that station pretty much 24/7, rotating operators and letting visiting hams use the station too.

As a result, the station was on the air pretty much 24/7. Would that be a bad thing, as long as they followed all FCC rules and regs?

73 de Jim, N2EY
KAISERSOUSE

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2010, 10:47:16 AM »

You can tell how insane he is just by listening to the hollow void of emptiness in his voice.

Does he post here at all?
K5DVW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2010, 12:00:23 PM »

"We wanted a smaller government, less governement spending, and less interference with our lives. That is what we have with the FCC."

Yet we have a larger government (and FCC) that does less for more cost. You should be mad for the right reasons!

I dont know why anyone would expect the FCC to care much about what happens in the ham bands or snap into action over an issue like this. Hams are not revenue producers and this is not impeding commerce and isnt a security threat. Hobby radio just doesnt rate at the FCC.

They'll get to it when they're done with the important stuff which might be never.

Just be happy that most people arent a-holes.
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2010, 12:18:50 PM »

"As a result, the station was on the air pretty much 24/7. Would that be a bad thing, as long as they followed all FCC rules and regs?"

Assuming they're making QSOs and hold current licenses that would be fine business. They sound like pretty cool guys, too.

http://www.qrz.com/db/K1MAN   <--license expired five years ago
NR4JB

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2010, 10:30:18 AM »

K1MAN seems to be running brick wall compression and the audio is badly distorted.   Would be nice if someone there would take the thing down and fix the problem.  jrb
N0JYC

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »

I am not very impressed with this amateur and his disgusting way of recording contacts on the DX Cluster.
Very vulgar and inappropriate.
KA2UUP

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2012, 12:55:11 PM »

He was on the air yesterday afternoon broadcasting what sounded like a tape recording of a telephone conversation with some woman who appeared to be with the FCC (maybe the new amateur enforcement Sheriff?), but could not hear well in the New England area.  Then all of a sudden I heard Walter Cronkite announcing that he was on K1MAN.

Thank God, his show has not spread to other freqs.!!!!
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2012, 05:20:54 PM »

Maybe soon, since he has continued to fail to pay his judgements and continues to violate the law, some FBI/Marshall/Black Hawk helicopters will show up at his place and that'll be the end of it.

Look - The Easter Bunny!!!   Roll Eyes
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2012, 05:28:13 PM »

He is going to end up in jail, as he has a $10K judgement against him. People who play with fire, get burned.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2012, 02:01:19 AM »

NYY,

We can but hope. But it may be deemed 'cruel and unusual punishment' for the other prisoners!

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: