Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Glen Baxter K1MAN back on the air running a broadcast  (Read 28146 times)
WD8T

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2012, 06:56:59 AM »

PLEASE LET THIS POST DIE ALREADY!!!!!
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2012, 10:44:18 AM »

That twits license has been said to have been revoked at the end of January 2012.  No doubt if that's the case, the FCC and the federal marshalls will be doing something soon.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2012, 03:24:04 PM »

CJS,

How much do you want to bet on that?

History suggests he's been getting away with it so long one wonders what he knows about who...
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2012, 06:13:50 PM »

That twits license has been said to have been revoked at the end of January 2012.  No doubt if that's the case, the FCC and the federal marshalls will be doing something soon.

Trolling, trolling, here we go again.  K1MAN's FCC ALJ Renewal Hearing is moving along at a snail's pace.  He's appealed the 10K award from Maine District Court to the Court of Appeals.  By summertime, he should receive a denial of his appeal, at which time he'll have to pay up or something he owns worth much more than 10K will be seized (like his house or invested assets).

In response to a negative on his appeal, chances are, the ALJ will then decide against his renewal.  He can appeal that to the DC Court of Appeals, which he will.  And, after that dismissal/denial, that will be it.  I doubt that a temporary stay would be granted to allow him to hold his expired license in pending status if he tries to go on to the Supreme Court.

As a guess, and nothing more, by the end of the year, he'll be operating without a license (to begin a second round of games).
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2012, 01:01:53 AM »

Are US licences personal licences, or licences for the station that require duly qualified operators?
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2012, 01:33:06 AM »

Are US licences personal licences, or licences for the station that require duly qualified operators?

All US licenses are operator licenses. Station licenses were eliminated decades ago.

73 de N4CR, Phil

We are Coulomb of Borg. Resistance is futile. Voltage, on the other hand, has potential.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2012, 05:52:50 AM »

I have wondered whether a mental hospital might be more appropriate for him than jail.
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2012, 11:45:32 AM »

Well, yes but it is nearly as hard to force someone to receive treatment in this country after the reforms that took place in the 1970's.   We use our jails as treatment as shown that something like 30-40% of the prisoners have untreated mental health diagnoses.

On the other hand, this sort of behavior skates the edge of what is truly 'treatable mental disorder' vs. 'untreatable' antisocial disorder vs. "just being a jerk of the first water".

Dueling psychiatrists could disagree, and courts don't like dealing with subjective issues like this.   Combine that with the fact that only a handful of states have any sort of mandatory community treatment law which allows a judge to order medication and therapy and the issue is moot.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:51:13 AM by KB4QAA » Logged
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2012, 11:58:55 AM »

Now that the FCC has won judgement, I guess Glenn is getting his final licks in
before he defaults on the judgement and the FCC goes back to court to gain judgement to confiscate his equipment for auction to pay against his fines.

Anybody want to bid on a famous radio?
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2012, 01:02:46 PM »

What?  You wanna buy his station and donate it to the ARRL for display in the lobby?  LOL
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »

What?  You wanna buy his station and donate it to the ARRL for display in the lobby?  LOL
Right between the Rettysnitch & Wulf Hong?
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2012, 10:41:46 AM »

Trolling, trolling, here we go again.  K1MAN's FCC ALJ Renewal Hearing is moving along at a snail's pace.  He's appealed the 10K award from Maine District Court to the Court of Appeals.  By summertime, he should receive a denial of his appeal, at which time he'll have to pay up or something he owns worth much more than 10K will be seized (like his house or invested assets).

In response to a negative on his appeal, chances are, the ALJ will then decide against his renewal.  He can appeal that to the DC Court of Appeals, which he will.  And, after that dismissal/denial, that will be it.  I doubt that a temporary stay would be granted to allow him to hold his expired license in pending status if he tries to go on to the Supreme Court.

As a guess, and nothing more, by the end of the year, he'll be operating without a license (to begin a second round of games).
  Not necessarily.  If he appeals to the Supreme Court, he may be able to delay things for years!  Where is he getting all this money to pay his attorneys for these continuing appeals?
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2012, 10:47:17 AM »

I have wondered whether a mental hospital might be more appropriate for him than jail.
    Not a good alternative.  I heard that they once put a CBer in a mental institution, but he continued operating from his hospital room with a 9 foot wire out the window!
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2012, 08:38:17 AM »

Peter,  I'm not going to bet on anything.  I had heard that the FCC had put his call on the revoked list, but the ULS system states that its still on the active pending renewal list.  I guess we're just going to have to wait and see.  One thing for sure, the way the FCC has been going--slow and steady, step by step--means that once his license has been revoked, he won't have any way to try to keep on using the airwaves. 

If he does try to do so after being notified of license revocation (yes, it may still take a while) the federal marshalls will be knocking on his door, with a battering ram if need be, in short order. 

BTW, it is reported that he's acting as his own lawyer.  Accordingly, he has a fool for a client--or so the saying goes.  No doubt he's got a bottle or two missing from his six-pack--or a few chips short of a full fish and chip meal!
W4VR

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2012, 08:46:53 AM »

As I understand it he acts as his own attorney.  I heard a rumor several years ago that not only is he a Professional Engineer but that he also has a law degree.  He'll probably drop dead before the authorities collect their $10K.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: