Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Glen Baxter K1MAN back on the air running a broadcast  (Read 31629 times)
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2012, 11:42:48 AM »

Looked at from a different angle, he's probably cost the FCC far more than they'll ever get back. I wonder if at some stage, they'll give up as being the cheaper option. Sad if they do, though.
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2012, 01:39:09 PM »

As I understand it he acts as his own attorney.  I heard a rumor several years ago that not only is he a Professional Engineer but that he also has a law degree.  He'll probably drop dead before the authorities collect their $10K.
  Yep.  If he has a law degree, he will probably be able to hide all his assets anyway.  And if they finally do nail him, he will most likely set up a station on a boat somewhere outside of US jurisdiction!  A guy like him sounds like he is determined to keep on transmitting no matter what it may take.
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2012, 08:12:25 PM »

As I understand it he acts as his own attorney.  I heard a rumor several years ago that not only is he a Professional Engineer but that he also has a law degree.  He'll probably drop dead before the authorities collect their $10K.

Yes, he's a PE.  Registered in both Maine and Illinois.  His Maine record shows "N/A" under Exam Discipline.  Usually, that means a person is granted registration before examinations were required or have claims of many years of documented prior experience.

He has said many times that he doesn't have a law degree, and that he will represent himself. 

IMO, it's only a matter of time.  More time, that is, until his equipment is confiscated.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »

Question:  Whats to stop this guy from getting his wife a license or his kids or something and start back up using their call sign?  Since it's not a station license but an operator license won't he just change the operator and inject his own voice in as third party traffic for commentary?
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2012, 11:59:44 AM »

Question:  Whats to stop this guy from getting his wife a license or his kids or something and start back up using their call sign?  Since it's not a station license but an operator license won't he just change the operator and inject his own voice in as third party traffic for commentary?

97.115(b)(2)

73 de N4CR, Phil

Never believe an atom. They make up everything.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2012, 09:07:28 PM »

97.115(b)(2)

Sweet  Grin Grin
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2012, 12:16:48 AM »

97.115(b)(2)

Sweet  Grin Grin
  LOL!  And what about if he just goes up to Canada, and starts playing like that crazy dude on 14.313?
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: February 29, 2012, 06:22:19 PM »

LOL!  And what about if he just goes up to Canada, and starts playing like that crazy dude on 14.313?

Absolutely nothing.  It would not surprise me one bit to see him do just that.  Thanks to the Internet, he could set things up in a small cabin and even remote control it from Belgrade Lakes.  Sad, but true.

The latest is a letter from the FCC dated Feb 21, demanding payment of $10K within 30 days or they will dismiss his application for renewal.  That means, his temporary operating authority will go away unless he pays up.  End of problem in the US anyway. 
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2012, 01:21:36 PM »

I heard 'Ole Glen two days ago.  Same old schtick, with new recordings!

At this point, I don't care about the money or the circus

However, he should get a felony conviction for the crap audio he is abusing the airwaves with!

Mercy.
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2012, 04:48:58 PM »

I heard 'Ole Glen two days ago.  Same old schtick, with new recordings!

At this point, I don't care about the money or the circus

However, he should get a felony conviction for the crap audio he is abusing the airwaves with!

Mercy.
Only interference with a federal station or a distress call are felonies.  The rest of the Comm Act is not.  A guy named Jack Gerritsen in CA a while back found out about those and is serving some hard time.

Interestingly, it is a serious felony to make false statements to or provide false information to a federal agent or employee in the course of an inquiry.  So, I guess if the government wanted to, it could challenge Glenn as to his truthfulness at some point.
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2012, 08:45:30 AM »

"Felony audio"

It's a joke.  Get it?   Wink

Nonetheless, his audio really is getting that bad these days.
W9KDX

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2012, 05:29:30 PM »

Hey, don't mess with this guy.  14.275 is a perfect place for guilt free amp tuning.

Sam
W9KDX
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »

"Only interference with a federal station or a distress call are felonies.  The rest of the Comm Act is not.  A guy named Jack Gerritsen in CA a while back found out about those and is serving some hard time.

Hilarious: "July 2009 He [Gerritsen] appeals his conviction claiming the government erred in allowing him to represent himself in court. The appeals court upholds his conviction."
http://interceptradio.com/wiki/index.php/Jack_Gerritsen_KG6IRO

Note that he lives in the infamous armpit town of Bell California. (known for the outrageously high pay of its mayor and other employees)
N4JTE

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2012, 08:30:22 PM »

NOBODY cares about that ahole PLEASE lock thread!
Bob
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2012, 10:39:42 AM »

And here it is 3-7-12 and GB is on 14275 right now with the crappy audio and begging for helpers! Nothing has changed in years.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: