Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Glen Baxter K1MAN back on the air running a broadcast  (Read 32499 times)
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2012, 05:09:11 PM »

He can operate until March 23, when the FCC dismisses his renewal application (for non payment of the $10K fine).

After that, well, he's a pirate.
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2012, 05:28:56 PM »

He can operate until March 23, when the FCC dismisses his renewal application (for non payment of the $10K fine).

Don't forget to order your free commemorative AARA T-Shirt while you can !!
MDNITERDER

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2012, 09:49:31 AM »

Anyone see the movie Handle with care AKA Citizens Band, To bad we couldn't just rip his antenna down.

Ok I'm kidding but I'm shocked no one has tried it. I just remember people on CB taking stuff in there own hands when there were Jammers and trash talkers.
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2012, 10:43:59 AM »

Anyone see the movie Handle with care AKA Citizens Band, To bad we couldn't just rip his antenna down.

Ok I'm kidding but I'm shocked no one has tried it. I just remember people on CB taking stuff in there own hands when there were Jammers and trash talkers.
  Antenna wars were quite common back in the good ol' days of CB.  I remember a story where they went onto the roof of a CBer's apartment building in the Bronx, ripped down his antenna, then pulled on the coax and yanked his rig, D-104 and power supply right out of the window!
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »

Don't forget to order your free commemorative AARA T-Shirt while you can !!

I think he was saying he can operate legally, if he chooses to (he won't) until the 23rd...at which point he'll be a pirate regardless if he operates within the letter of the law or not.

KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2012, 04:48:42 PM »

I'm shocked no one has tried it.

Regardless of the fact the guy is a complete moron...I believe that Maine castle-laws would permit him to open fire on someone if they are on his property w/ the intent to commit crimes against life or property.  Well, after giving a verbal warning and allowing the person a chance to GTFO first.

He seems like the type that would put a couple of rounds in someone, then drop a knife beside their corpse and claim the intruder was brandishing it and making verbal threats against his life.

He's annoying and stupid...but not worth risking life or limb over. Thats likely why nobody has tried it.

On the reverse side of things, I personally wouldn't risk a prison sentence over shooting someone trying to steal my aluminum sticks...but thats just me)

W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2012, 03:06:26 PM »

Is K1MAN "DEAD" or what? 14.275.0 is "SO QUIET" & has been all day long? I heard a RUMOR this morning that the FCC had shut down K1MAN & taken possession of ALL of his radio gear.NO K1MAN on 14.275.0 & VULGAR EXCLAMATIONS 7 KING FREEKING MORON now sitting on a HOT WIRE on 14.313.0 in Canada peeing his pants several times a day.  Cheesy  LOL

Clayton
W4KVW
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2012, 03:16:13 PM »

Glen, if you happen to be reading this
I am still waiting for my T-Shirt!!

Sorry I couldn't get a $4.95 stamp since my local post office is automated and they didn't have any
in the vending machine. I hoped a $5.00 money order would be acceptable. please forgive me.
I really wanted that Tee before Hamvention.
That way I had time to make an Iron on and put my call on it.....
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2012, 11:44:11 AM »

UPDATE

Generalisimo Ferdinand Maximilian Joseph is still dead
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2012, 03:33:36 PM »

But what about PITA Baxter?
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2012, 04:58:31 PM »