Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what to include in radiogram document  (Read 2219 times)
WB0MBI

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2002, 08:27:50 AM »

On the radiogram document are prowords[i.e mixed, figures, no more, end, I spell] normally included in the paper document?

I can see the logic if they are included.  They are an aide for the sending operator, but may make the check a little more difficult.
N8EMR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2002, 11:41:47 AM »

No the pro-words are not part of the radio gram. Just used to help passing the messages via
voice.   Lettergroup would be used for hard to spell works, or similar sounding words.
mixed group would be used for some text that has mixed number/letters. I find it used often for email/url addresses now a days, but can also be used for addresses.
KE4SKY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2002, 09:30:09 AM »

The Virginia RACES Training Page which is linked from http://www.varaces.org has a module on traffic handling fundamentals which anyone may download in .pdf format, so that you don't need the MicroSoft PowerPoint program or viewer to go through the module.  It requires Adobe Acrobat 5.0, but you can also download this for free from our server.

73 de KE4SKY
Virginia RACES, State Training Officer
WB0MBI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2002, 06:54:42 AM »

Thanks for the url.  It has great information and links.  A couple of courses through FEMA look pretty good. I am taking EC-001 through ARRl right now.  Succesfully sent a lettergram Saturday to California relayed through New Jersey on 20 meters. Great experience.
KB1HJW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2002, 04:01:12 PM »

Here's another link with some good information on passing traffic.

http://www.cm2m.net/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: