Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New(?) item for the go-bag  (Read 813 times)
W0IPL

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2005, 02:58:16 PM »

One of the past ECs in my area suggested yet another item for the go-bag. It's one of those things that when you see it you think "Oh, I knew that." Funny how many do not have it in their go-bag.

A hard copy of the HELP files from your local packet BBS or Cluster.

Like I said, you see it and think "I knew that." and then you go quickly to print it ;-)  I did.

C Ya
 Pat

P.S. having hard copy (or soft copy on your computer, in a place you remember where it is) saves air time during an event or incident.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 05:04:00 AM »

Although some may already have this down as an item, a copy of Part 97 is also a good idea.  You may think anything goes during an emergency, but its always nice to be able to check on the regs if needed--and if you have the time.
W7STS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 05:25:23 PM »

And those help files and the part 97 would probably be a good thing to put on a flash drive as well.  I nearly always take my laptop, but if I don't, it's generally not too hard to find a computer to access them.  It's easier for me to read, can be searched, and heck of a lot smaller than all those pages, and I always have it on my keyring.

Rick Aldom - W7STS
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 06:18:34 PM »

Add a scanned copy of your license to the list.

73 james
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: