Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I find a controller keying circuit for  (Read 11126 times)
W0AVV-1

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2004, 08:57:22 PM »

Anyone have or know where one can find a keying circuit for a fox? Something that can just plug into an HT or a mobile radio? Something that has adjustible timing on the outgoing message/identifier? Maybe even something that is programable from a PC in terms of the message on board and or the ID?

Thanks,

Randy, W0AVV
WB6BYU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 04:11:22 PM »

Probably the best of the lot is the PIC-CON.  If you
connect it to an HT you can even program it using
touch-tones through the receiver.

www.byonics.com

For ARDF I use the Montreal Controller, which uses a
PIC processor and DIP switches to set the number of
transmitters, etc.  Much more limited in function, but
then when I'm putting together a set of 6 transmitters
the cost savings can be significant!

www.qsl.net/ve2emm/index.html
N0XAS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 03:18:40 PM »

I have a new one available that will do probably about anything you need.  CW, PTT and audio output, delay adjustable from 1 second to 9+ hours, serial interface to a laptop/PC/Palm or whatever.  Check out http://www.hamgadgets.com and look at the ID-O-Matic.

Dale - N0XAS
K2GW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 08:23:37 PM »

We made our fox from a PicCon controller, a Yaesu FT-23 2 meter HT head and a 7 amp hour gel-cel.  We run the HT at 1 watt output to preserve battery life and control heat buildup due to the 80 percent duty cycle most foxes have to endure for a few hours.

This is all placed in a 30 cal ammo can.  A BNC bulkhead mount is on the side for the 18 inch whip antenna and counterpoise.  An eyebolt through the latch was also added for locking and chaining to a tree.

The signal is easily detectable from 10 kilometers away, which is our standard hunt circle.

The PicCon allow the fox to be remotely controlled during periods when it's not transmiting and thus listening. It's worked great for us for about a year and the quickest way to get started.

Gary, K2GW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: