Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regular Foxhunts  (Read 4876 times)
K2GW

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2004, 11:56:24 AM »

I just started a thread so folks who know of regular foxhunts can list them in one place.  This will help folks looking for foxhunts in their area.

NEW JERSEY

The Delaware Valley Radio Association runs regular foxhunts in Mercer County, New Jersey typically on the second Saturday of each month from 9 AM until noon.  The hunts are 10 kilometer mobile events followed by a half mile on foot element. Everyone is welcome to participate, inculding folks with no DF experience or equipment.

Talk-in is on 146.67 (-.600 PL 131.Cool. For more info contact k2gw at arrl.net

Gary, K2GW
WB6BYU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 04:19:39 PM »

Gary - good idea!

The Clark County (Washington) ARC sponsors monthly
transmitter hunts, usually around the last Sunday in
the month.  (Technically the Sunday after the 4th
Friday, which is meeting night?)

Although the hunts were originally around Vancouver,
Washington, they recently have tended to be held across
the river in Portland, Oregon because that is where
most of the hunters are from.

Clubs in Salem and McMinnville (Oregon) have hosted
regular hunts in the past, and may do so again in the
future.
N0JLB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 05:01:40 PM »

NEBRAKSA

The Lincoln ARC has regularly scheduled hunts.  They occur every first and third Saturday of each month.  

On the first Saturday the hunts begin after the 9 PM CST nightly net around 9:30 PM CST.  These hunts are county wide coordinated hunts.

On the third Saturday at 3:00 PM CST we have a city wide hunt that has a time limit of 2 hours.  Then at 7 PM CST we have a bunny hunt (mobile fox).  Then usually after the nightly net of 9PM CST we have another coordinated county hunt.

All hunts are done on 146.52 Mhz, and the coordinated hunts usually use 146.760- Mhz. for coordination.

Jeff, N0JLB
N3GH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 05:35:20 AM »

Thanks allot Gary and others for your information.
I do have a question for all those with expereince setting these Fox Hunts up.
My Club, CVARC, is interested in doing a Fox hunt and I would like any and all advice on how to set one up.
Please contact me off list to save bandwidth.
N3GH@arrl.net
Thanks,
N3GH George

KS9WI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 07:21:53 PM »

WE have 2 hunts per month in the Green Bay metropolitan area.  THe first Sunday is a mileage hunt.  Everybody starts from the same place. Mileage is taken. The winner is the hunter with the least miles driven.  And you cant venture very far from your vehicle to save mileage.

The other hunt is a timed affair.  You can start from wherever you want.  The first ont to find the fox wins!!
KS9WI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 07:47:47 PM »

One trick that was pulled locally was to put a dual band HT in a bird house amongst other bird houses in a nature center.  Obviously you have to cross-band to it.  But try to imagine finding that one!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I forgot to mention in the last email...  THe mileage is a county wide hunt.  THe timed is confined to the metropolitan area map.  You might want to buy an "official" map.....just for border clarifications.

Happy hunting!

Keith, KS9WI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: