The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hara Arena to the Highest Bidder.....  (Read 1844 times)
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 06:50:39 AM »

Yadda, Yadda, Yadda,             

on and on like a broken record

You are a good loyal sheep that lets DARA's penny pinching BS continue. (you will see no pennies pinched at club house and toys though)  Had sheep not come this, there would of not been a barnyard hamfest in 2018 because either they would of moved it to a proper venue or gone belly up. Time for DARA to set aside if this is best they can do.... 

BTW the yadda yadda applies to those like you in denial....

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20 WPM Extra
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 05:55:53 PM »

Yadda, Yadda, Yadda,             

on and on like a broken record

You are a good loyal sheep that lets DARA's penny pinching BS continue. (you will see no pennies pinched at club house and toys though)  ....
  I recall reading a DARA tax filing that had some rather large "awards" expenditures in its budget.  Six figures come to mind.  I don't remember any large door prizes from the hamfest.  Perhaps those funds are/were awarded to club members for meritorious service.....in the line of duty.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 06:31:53 PM »

I recall reading a DARA tax filing that had some rather large "awards" expenditures in its budget.  Six figures come to mind.  I don't remember any large door prizes from the hamfest.  Perhaps those funds are/were awarded to club members for meritorious service.....in the line of duty.

Just look at DARA compound and toys vs barn yard. According to news they paid about 90k total for 2 years for barn yard. Now do some math 10,000 tickets at 22 is 220,000k 20,000 is 440,000. Flea market 125 times 1000 is 125,000. Next is cattle barn vendor space. Based on past there is little doubt that DARA made well over 100k of those spaces (maybe 200k because they did raise ticket prices when they are paying far less rent). Now lets add it up. 1/2 of 90k is 45k a year. 15000 tickets would be 330k place 125k for flea market plus 150k for vendor. That is a conservative 600k minus 45k or 550k profit. Yest they have porta poti fees and other thing but doubt that makes it even close to 6 figures. Plus I am sure they are getting a cut of food and drink sales too. If they sold more tickets and if they made 200k off vendor spaces too it would add a few hundred more k to profits at no additional cost. I guess they feel they need 50 to 75k a month to keep club compound afloat while sheep they shear for it wallow in mud and tour re purposed cattle barns. Without these sheep DARA hamfest would die and compound would end up for sale too.... 

K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 08:42:52 PM »

....and of course, the 5 days of the Hamvention which include setting up and breaking down are all done without having a liability insurance policy in place.  Any idea of the premium? How about tens of thousands.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 08:52:42 PM by K3GM » Logged
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 04:38:26 AM »

Hara with its problems and location and far better than Xenia barn yard. You need a reality check...

Oh?  Is that why there were always reports of elderly and non elderly people falling in the bomb cratered flea market area? 

Is that why there were always reports of people getting their cars broken into at the Salem Mall?   Is that why there were reports of people getting their vehicles broken into on Bashore Road?   

You need to get yourself checked out.....

Funny people I talked to and the local news painted a completely different story then your snow job...

Local news, eh?   Got a link to that article?   

Keep trolling along...

Right you would rather pay top dollar to tour controverted stock barn being used for vendors (which BTW have had live stock in them since show) and used porta potis.  Flea market makes show and they did very poor planning for it as DARA did it is cheaply as possible. So much for about 50 years experience and how to PROPERLY do things.

WHERE YOU THERE?  YOU WERE NOT.   Everyone said that the place was clean, and that there was no smell.   Keep trolling along....
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 05:21:11 AM »

The JX shuffle lives on.......

If I have to say it again, your obviously not listening.
W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 06:54:37 AM »

Did DARA say how they are going to fix the mud problem at Xenia? Or just that 'it will be taken care of' next year?

The internet and cellphone networks are great until they go down, what then? Find out here. 
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,111948.0.html

Using Windows 98 For Packet...
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 08:23:51 AM »

Did DARA say how they are going to fix the mud problem at Xenia? Or just that 'it will be taken care of' next year?

Yes, and Yes
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 08:39:26 AM »

.... Now do some math 10,000 tickets at 22 is 220,000k 20,000 is 440,000. Flea market 125 times 1000 is 125,000. Next is cattle barn vendor space. Based on past there is little doubt that DARA made well over 100k of those spaces (maybe 200k because they did raise ticket prices when they are paying far less rent). Now lets add it up. 1/2 of 90k is 45k a year. 15000 tickets would be 330k place 125k for flea market plus 150k for vendor. That is a conservative 600k minus 45k or 550k profit. Yest they have porta poti fees and other thing but doubt that makes it even close to 6 figures..... 

More Yadda, Yadda, Yadda.

you sure like to cherry pick your (so called) "facts".

what about all the monies expended that you talked about in this post?

" Green County is going to bill DARA for repairs to grassy areas that will have to be reworked and reseeded that will cost well into the tens of thousands or more ...."

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,115072.0.html

I guess that you "forgot" to subtract the "well of tens of thousand dollars" from the profit statement.
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 10:55:47 AM »

They did, but I haven't seen the proposed fix.  As a long time seller at the flea market, I think they need to address just one more issue, flea market space.  Even with the flea market "parkers" out of the spaces, there wasn't enough room to accommodate everyone who wanted to sell.  If they can fix the mud issue and add some spaces, the place is a winner.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 12:41:56 PM »

Local news, eh?   Got a link to that article? 

I live in area you do not and see local news dah... I do not have to prove anything to a troll like you. If you lived here you would know all of this

WHERE YOU THERE?  YOU WERE NOT.   Everyone said that the place was clean, and that there was no smell.

Did not need to be. I have been to site when building had cattle/livestock in them and mess was on news. I did not need to go to know traffic would be a cluster-fart. There is only ONE reason DARA picked that site and that is because it was dirt cheap and DARA is cheap when spending on anything other than their compound or toys. They banked on many loyal sheep would gladly get sheared paying more for less. Maybe you like going to shows that use re-purposed livestock building for vendors, I do not. Many builds were full of manure before show and had to be cleaned out. There are full again and will have to be cleaned out again.

You are so totally clueless about this site...

Keep trolling along....

Yes do keep up your clueless BS trolling. Its good for a laugh...

W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 01:40:25 PM »

And the JX shuffle rambles on.......

If I have to say it again, your obviously not listening.
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 04:53:41 PM »

I live in area you do not and see local news dah... I do not have to prove anything to a troll like you. If you lived here you would know all of this

Any actual news article would have a link to a story.   Post the link.  Put up or shut up.

Because I disagree with you, I'm a "troll?"   You need to know what internet etiquette is, because you have none. 

Did not need to be. I have been to site when building had cattle/livestock in them and mess was on news. I did not need to go to know traffic would be a cluster-fart. There is only ONE reason DARA picked that site and that is because it was dirt cheap and DARA is cheap when spending on anything other than their compound or toys. They banked on many loyal sheep would gladly get sheared paying more for less. Maybe you like going to shows that use re-purposed livestock building for vendors, I do not. Many builds were full of manure before show and had to be cleaned out. There are full again and will have to be cleaned out again.

You are so totally clueless about this site...

I think it's trying to say something, but I'm not sure what.  Can you please try and put proper grammar into  your posts please?   It would make trying to figure out WTF you are saying somewhat easier.   

If the "mess was on the news," POST THE LINK.   

The traffic was a mess FOR ONE DAY.   

I've been to hara many times.  The bathrooms smelled far far worse there then any spot at the fairgrounds. 

You are totally clueless about the majority of positive responses that everyone gave about the new site.  While it would not have been my pick, if you don't have a dog in the race, it's not worth getting your panties in a bunch - like you are - about it.

Yes do keep up your clueless BS trolling. Its good for a laugh...

Mine?  I was having a discussion with someone else, and YOU butted your TROLL posting into things, with the same old bullshit that you have been posting for months.   

Oh, and BTW, when I was somewhat agreeing with you on certain things, I was your "friend."   And now that I'm not agreeing with you, I'm a "troll."    Guess what?   The joke is on you, arsehole!   

N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Today at 08:39:59 AM »

...Oh, and BTW, when I was somewhat agreeing with you on certain things, I was your "friend."   And now that I'm not agreeing with you, I'm a "troll."    Guess what?   The joke is on you, arsehole!   
Yeah, this sort of thread is ALWAYS "legendary".

I'll pop us all some popcorn. Who wants butter and who wants caramel on theirs?
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Today at 09:17:17 AM »

Any actual news article would have a link to a story.   Post the link.  Put up or shut up.

See unlike you I am not a internet troll and to do not comment on events that are not in a area I live unlike you do because you are the troll here. I do not waste my time trying to find links for troll to live broadcasts I have seen on even news during dinner hour. See because you cannot watch live news on a local event (for me not you) that you are trying to defend your BS and this is what make you a real life Internet troll here because you can only function on here say or links not real world live news that you would of seen IF you lived here and watched it.

You are so damn clueless its sad....

Because I disagree with you, I'm a "troll?"   You need to know what internet etiquette is, because you have none. 

The joke is on you, arsehole! 

You are a true troll and name calling above confirms it

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: