Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ft. Tuthill (Flagstaff, AZ)  (Read 2175 times)
AD7DB

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2003, 02:55:06 PM »

The Fort Tuthill hamfest is held every July and is the Arizona State Convention site. I'd heard about it ever since my visit to the 2000 ARRL convention in Scottsdale; I kept hearing over & over, "You should have seen what it was like at Fort Tuthill." So this year I went to it.

First off, the maps were confusing. ARCA (Amateur Radio Council of Arizona, the sponsors) had a map of the hamfest, but you couldn't tell where it was in relation to everything else. They had a Red Zone and a Blue Zone, among others, but their map wasn't in color.

The Fort Tuthill County Park had a map, but it was hard to tell what area the hamfest was going to be in. An Indian Pow-Wow was also going on at the location.

The county-run campground there had its own map, but just of the campground. You couldn't find out where it was compared to anywhere else. It wasn't even aligned to North, as it turned out, so that helped confuse things.

Folks, we need a good consolidated map showing everything, so the first time attendee won't get lost.

This convention is mostly a giant tailgate party. Good for the swap meet types, less focus on forums or workshops (they had some, but none I was interested in).

Facilities were generally good. Restrooms seemed clean and there were lots of water fountains.

Pictures and more commentary will soon be available on my web page at "www.qsl.net/ad7db".

AD7DB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 02:16:11 PM »

This information is courtesy of KD7LMO, in the Arizona Hams newsgroup (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arizonaham/message/251)

During the Tucson Hamfest ARCA meeting, the ARCA board announced that the State Convention & Hamfest usually referred to as the Tuthill Hamfest is moving to the Bob Dean Rodeo Grounds in Williams, Arizona. Due to site availability, the date has been moved to the 4th
of July weekend (July 2nd, 3rd & 4th, 2004). I won't try and post all the reasons for the move, but hope to have pertinent details by Thursday, October 24th. Altho there are some negatives to the move, there were many more positives, a primary one being cost, its "Free".

For more information visit:

http://www.hamsrus.com/miscnews.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: