Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody receive their '08 Hamvention tickets??  (Read 2390 times)
K3GM

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2008, 04:27:58 PM »

Dayton is a little over a month away, and I've yet to receive my Hamvention tickets ordered way back on 2/14.  It seems ot get later and later each year.  Anybody seen their's yet?
KC8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 12:59:23 PM »

Yes, I received four Hamvention tickets on April 7.  Larry KC8JX
W8AII

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 03:59:17 AM »

We haven't received any info regarding our fleamarket spot reservations as of yet. Phone calls to the Hamvention fleamarket office over the last several weeks have given us two different answers. The first phone call said that everything would be out starting April 1st. Ten days later we didn't receive a thing.

A second call to the office yesterday connected us to a different person who said that NOTHING has been sent out due to a complete change in fleamarket staffing and that if we want our spots from last year, we should download the form off the webpage and submit ASAP.

It appears that each year that passes, the fleamarket program becomes more and more disorganized. So, here we are scrambling again to reserve our spots from last year. All it would take is for Hamvention to announce these changes is to post it on their website and everyone would what to expect.

73 Al, W8AII

WD5WR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 12:33:03 PM »

After waiting over a month I emailed them and this was the reply I got.

"Sir,

Thank you for your interest in the 2008 Dayton Hamvention. First I would like to apologize to the late delivery of tickets. We had upgraded our shopping cart and then they experienced a compatibility  problem between the shopping cart and the program used for mailing tickets. All the issues have not been resolved at this time but they are continuing to work on them. If you purchased your tickets online during February or March your credit card  was just recently charged.  If you made your online purchase in April it will not be charged until we are ready to process that month.
Be assured the Hamvention committee will make every effort to deliver the tickets prior to Hamvention time.  We are expecting to be caught up my May 1. Thank you for your patience while we are working through this problem."

Still waiting on mine.

Will WD5WR
W8AAZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 06:01:18 PM »

Yep, I ordered mine online and still waiting, presumably if they arrive in plenty of time for the event, I will be satisfied. But the closer it gets, the more nervous I will be! I have only missed one since 1973, as I recall. That is the only year I ever won a prize, too! PLease don't short change the portolets in the flea market area! As I get older, that seems more important? Smiley    
WD5WR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 03:20:36 PM »

Here's an update from the Hamvention Yahoo group.

"900 ticket orders mailed today. If your order was received by April 16 it has been mailed. Watch for it."
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 02:26:31 PM »

Mine arrived today, the 24th.  With only 3 weeks remaining, too close for comfort for the attendee.
KD8CGF

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 10:46:50 PM »

Ordered mine on the 25th, mailed on the 26th, received on the 28th.
WM2P

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 11:50:48 AM »

Ordered mine about April 13th and got them last week.
W2FCC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 03:53:22 AM »

Ordered mine in January, nothing in mail as of 4-29-08.

scott
K2YO

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 10:31:55 AM »

Ordered mine two weeks ago, got them a couple of days ago. No big deal.

I've been watching the traffic on various forums and the Hamvention Yahoo group and there seem to be some awfully nervous and paranoid people going to Dayton this year.

I've spoken to a number of people involved with the Hamvention and have never had a problem getting in touch with anyone, so I'm not sure what is the problem with all the alarm?

Bernie
K2YO
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 04:56:07 AM »

I don't think it's paranoia Bernie, but a case of people wanting to get their ducks aligned.  I go out with 3 of my old pals. We have have gotten the same fleamarket space for the last several years.  We like it, and it's in a good location.  The commitee tries to assign the same spaces every year, so we're not asking for special favors.  But 15 days before we're suppose to be there, we still don't know where we're going to be, and in fact don't know if we even have a space at all because we haven't gotten the tickets!  I also know of a fellow who ordered his usual 3 spaces back in February, spaces he's held for years, and was JUST told his order experienced a processing error, and he had to reorder. But he can't get on the online ordering because they're having problems with their system.  The organizers can talk till they're blue in the face about how it's it's stafffed with volunteers, and how people are leaving their families to work hard on the Hamvention plans, and so on.  But when you're putting on an established exhibition like Hamvention, the attendees expect a certain level of (what do you call it?) service, I think.  IMO, this year hasn't seen it, and last year ran a close second.  Now, I did notice a different attitude once the Hamvention got underway.  I think the volunteers ran a nicer show inside the Hamvention than when it was handled by a contractor.  Last year, there was an air of friendliness from the staff that I didn't experienced in years past.  Well, let's hope everyone get's their tickets and we can push on to Dayton.
N3DF

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 09:36:35 AM »

I am concerned about this year's Hamvention.  I ordered flea market and admission tickets in January and have received nothing.  My emails and phone messages have resulted in one short anonymous email asking me to keep waiting.

Neil N3DF
HAMMERTIME

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 05:03:19 PM »

Ordered mine two weeks ago, got them a couple of days ago. No big deal.

I've been watching the traffic on various forums and the Hamvention Yahoo group and there seem to be some awfully nervous and paranoid people going to Dayton this year.

I've spoken to a number of people involved with the Hamvention and have never had a problem getting in touch with anyone, so I'm not sure what is the problem with all the alarm?

Bernie
K2YO

Of course it is not a big deal if YOU have everything YOU need in hand! What a retarded reply! You must live in Colorado Springs!
KF9XK

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 11:39:24 AM »

Ordered by mail January.  Still nothing 5-2-08.  Going past I'm sorry

KF9XK
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: