Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richmond, VA Frostfest?  (Read 1926 times)
W2MV

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2008, 10:43:29 AM »

I am considering traveling to the Jan, 2009 Frostfest. Many hamfests that I used to attend regularly, such as Gaithersburg (now apparently gone) have greatly declined in size. It's been a long time since I last attended the Frostfest.
Does anyone have a feel for how the Frostfest is compared to the "old days?"

Thanks,
 Alan
KZ1X

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 09:14:01 AM »

Frostfest is still one of the better ones around but ... well, it varies from year to year.  The new location, I thought would be better but the lighting stinks.  Vendors that do show up seem to all have the same stuff, and much  of it not well suited to what people want... commercial companies such as DX Engineering and many others are doing a great job of filling the need 24x7 all year long.  Frostfest '07 and '08, I wasn't too psyched to have driven the 6 hour round trip.  Dayton is most certainly now what it was, and Shelby isn't either.  I am truly saddened that many hamfests seem to be dying out.  

I am the last person who would admit this.  But it is so.
KL0S

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 11:04:23 AM »

I enjoyed the 2008 Frostfest much more than at the old location.  Think the change in venue may have kept some folks from setting up a table but now in its second year it may get better.  Restroom facilities MUCH better now!

I've got my table and tickets and am ready to go!

73 - Dino KL0S
N4PAT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 06:58:20 PM »

Hi, all!
I'm the Chairman of this year's Frostfest, and if you have any questions about this great event, please feel free to email us (RATS and Frostfest) at info @ frostfest.com.

Frostfest will feature Yaesu, Austin Amateur Radio, KJI, Quicksilver, WB0W, and many other great ham radio vendors and flea marketers.

With the fine lineup of forums, VE testing, plenty of sellers, we think this year's Frostfest at the Richmond Raceway Complex will be the best ever! We invite you to join us at he 2009 Frostfest!!!

For more information, please head to http://www.frostfest.com!!!

Thanks,
Tray Murphy
N4PAT
Chairman, Frostfest 2009
N4PAT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 03:13:07 PM »

Also to our advantage, the interior of all 3 buildings has been painted glossy white, ceiling tiles have been replaced, and most of the fluorescents work! So it's nicer, brighter than last year!
Tray
N4PAT
Chairman, Frostfest 2009
ESRCVACUUMTUBES

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 06:17:17 AM »

A friendly reminder. We will be attending the Richmond VA Frost Fest February 7th from 8:30AM until 3:30PM at the Richmond Raceway Complex.

Frost Fest is the largest amateur radio trade show in Virginia.

For more info on Frost Fest please visit: http://www.frostfest.com

If you are planning on attending this event, and are looking for a particular product let us know and we will save you on the shipping and bring it down to the show with us. We bring down a large assortment of the products that are available on our website at http://www.esrcvacuumtubes.com - so let us know what you need and we will hopefully see some of you there.

Please come say hello to us if your out there.

Thank You,
ESRC Vacuum Tubes Webmaster (chris)
http://www.esrcvacuumtubes.com
W3RPM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 11:00:50 AM »

There's always good stuff to be had, it just depends on what you're looking for and who shows up...

I don't like the non-ham related tables, but there's always a little tool that could be useful...

I just wish HamFests had some WiFi access so I could research what I'm buying. I skipped out on a deal on a Dentron MT-3000 Antenna tuner and I'm still kicking myself in the teeth about that one. I ended up getting an Advance Electronics Applications unit instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: