Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Dayton Hamvention  (Read 1635 times)
N3DF

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2008, 07:31:40 AM »

There was a time not too long ago when, by late November, flea market reservations were already far underway for the next year's Hamvention.  I notice that the Hamvention.Org site still displays the date's of the 2008 event and has not been updated in six months.

Neil N3DF
KC9GMX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 11:45:23 AM »

Im afraid in a feww years hamfests will be a thing of the past. You might find a few small meets here and there, but it looks to me that the ones Ive been going to lately are in the swirl of the toilet bowl  now. (Going down the drain is inevitable) .
Sorry to sound pessimistic.
Steven
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 01:18:31 PM »

The Dasyton Hamfest is the "property" of the Dayton Amateur Radio Association (DARA) find their website to see what is up. They may be down key personnel with changes to Air Force staffing. Dayton is home to Wright-Patterson AFB and many of the club people are Air Force.

KF7CG
EC158

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 08:02:10 AM »

Where is "Dasyton" anyway?

LOL!
WX4O

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 11:50:33 AM »

Dayston is a suburb of Columbulus
N8DV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 10:39:32 AM »

First, to WX4O Dayton is not a suburb of Columbus. If it's a joke, I missed the point.
Maybe it's time the hamfest committee look to the Dayton Airport Exhibition Center in Vandalia. It was built in 1993 and has 100,000 square feet of exhibition area. It's clean, up-to-date and more pleasant that Hara Area. At least the maintain managers should sweep up last year's Hamvention dirt! hihihi Paint's cheap and a coat or two would go a long way in making the arena a little more pleasant.
HAMMERTIME

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 03:36:12 PM »

It was a joke and I am LMAO!!!! How did you not get it?
HAMMERTIME

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 03:45:17 PM »

I do not understand all this talk about HARA ARENA being so bad.
 You people make it sound like every time you go in a building part of the roof falls on your head. Yes the building is old but at least it is dry and big enough to serve the needs of the Hamvention.
 As far as the bathrooms go, I do not care if it is a brand new, never been used facility, the bathrooms will be filthy after a couple of hours of traffic like the Hamvention sees!
 You people complaining are probably the same folks that trade your cars once a year!
N9YIC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 08:57:33 AM »

If you want to kill the premier hamfest in the world there is no better way than to move it someplace else. The Hara Arena works fine as does the huge amount of space for the fleas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: