Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: primestar satellite dishes  (Read 1463 times)
KB9WIT

Ignore
« on: October 29, 2000, 10:24:56 PM »

any one have any info on these,what freqwas the lnb?
what was the reciever?
anyone know of any ham prjects with these?
thanks jack
KD4ZGA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2000, 03:35:41 PM »

Jack

I have a primestar dish also, and have thought about using it for something other than a useless house ornament.  The primestar dish was designed for the Ku band, I have read that they could be used up to 10ghz. Just recently I found a page at the San Bernardino Microwave Society site that mentions one of it's members designing a chapperal feed for 24ghz on the primestar dish.  The url is: http://www.ham-radio.com/sbms/newsletters/1999nwsltrs/jan99.html
As far as the receiver and LNB is concerned, I doubt that they would be of much use. Hope this helps and let me know if you come up with something good.

73 de KD4ZGA Jim
N4ZOU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2000, 09:54:24 PM »

I don't know of any use as an amateur antenna but a neighbor of mine replaces them with Directv systems. He ended up with a huge pile of them! What did he do with them other than taking them to a landfill? He built a cascading water fall on a bank in his yard! You don't really see the satellite dishes because of the landscape stuff around them, only the lower part where the water spills out to the next dish. It looks really nice! A pump in a pool at the bottom sends the water back up to the top dish for the return trip.
KG4LJF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2001, 10:08:00 PM »

make a heck of a frisbee!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: