Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One transistor VHF FM radio!  (Read 1538 times)
BRIANCAMBRE

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2002, 08:42:20 PM »

Hello all,

In case someone, somewhere, is looking to build a
sensitive and selective FM VHF receiver, I have made
one that is remarkable.

With just an MPF102 and an LM366, and a pair of
headphones......you will not believe your ears...

I am still marveled from this experimental project.

I have introduced the lower component count ever!

Give me an e-mail, and I will be glad to send you
everything on it from beginning to end.

I call it the "Radio Shack Special", because all the
parts, except for the tuning capacitor, can be
purchased at your local Radio Shack Store.  Even the
MPF102 is there.

Thank you again for taking the time to read.

Sincerely,

Patrick Cambre     my e-mail is braincambre500@yahoo.com
K5DVW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2002, 04:30:57 PM »

Now you have me curious... since FM is a constant envelope modulation scheme, I'd like to know how you are going to demodulate it without a phase detector, slope detector, or discriminator? AM I can see, but FM? Sure, send me the details at K5DVW@hotmail.com
KB1GYQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2002, 04:56:36 PM »

I don't know how he's doing it, but a quadrature decoder can be made with piece of coax for a delay line and 2 diodes for a half balanced mixer. Admittedly a limiter would help, but it still works.
KG4NVV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2002, 09:08:44 PM »

You have my curiosity aroused as well!  I bet you've got a couple of IC's in there and are not counting them as transistors!  Anyway, please send me the details at rafiq_98@yahoo.com.  

73, Raf
KC8SSG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2002, 09:25:09 PM »

Ok I want to try it too! Send it my way.
Thanks
Rob KC8SSG
crandall@ee.net
KD5RBB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2002, 03:29:29 AM »

Add me to the list!
John - KD5RBB
nssys@hotmail.com
LU6AXV

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2002, 06:06:04 PM »

Please sendme the schematic.
Wich is the range of frecuenci of this resciver?

VE6LAW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2002, 03:48:38 PM »

Please add me to your list as i would like to hear your results. thanks
g cassidy
BRIANCAMBRE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2002, 12:09:34 AM »

Hello all,

I have been working on my site these last few days
and it seems to be alright now...

The Radio Shack Special plans are at:

http://braincambre500.freeservers.com

...I do thank you all for the interest..I still
listen to it every night and still am amazed at
the sensitivity of the little gem!

...your friend, Patrick

braincambre500@yahoo.com

VU3PHN

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 09:53:22 PM »

I like to try this. please  give me details.
BRIANCAMBRE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 01:42:00 AM »

Hello again my dear friends,

It's Patrick here! Originator of the one transistor 'Radio Shack Special'....Remember! Yes, my unit is still shining it's light, every night, as I drift off in peaceful sleep!

It's been quite a while since I had posted here. I have been doing an extensive search on a simple, yet quality FM 'stereo' receiver. I have finally got all the plans for it..using the Philips' TEA5711T (receiver and decoder) IC, along with the TDA7050 mono/stereo audio amplifer IC. With just these two chips...although they are very small (SMD)...I have managed to get the unit up and running. What a wonderful sound...that STEREO! I even have some nice pictures of it...in case you want to see what it all looks like...put together.

I have the PCB layout and all the components I used for the project. Although the TEA5711T is an AM/FM receiver...I did not venture out to add components for the AM portion. Since my main interest lies in FM, I just used the chip for FM. You may want to make it both AM and FM...all left up to you, my friend! I also have the data sheets on both chips.

If you are interested in making this great little project, I can also tell you how to get in touch with Philip's Semiconductors, in order to get 'free'sample chips of both IC's. They had sent me 5 each. Remarkable...that Philip's Company! So generous are they...in catering to hobbiests and college students. Thank God we all fall under that heading!

And also, I just wanted to say hi, from the cajun boy down here in Louisiana! Hope everyone is doing well in life...

Hoping to hear from you, my friends...should your interest be peeked into making this wonderful little receiver!

...great to have sent you all  this letter my friends and do have a very rewarding week ! ! !

...your friend, Patrick
BRIANCAMBRE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 01:45:11 AM »

Hello again my dear friends,

It's Patrick here! Originator of the one transistor 'Radio Shack Special'....Remember! Yes, my unit is still shining it's light, every night, as I drift off in peaceful sleep!

It's been quite a while since I had posted here. I have been doing an extensive search on a simple, yet quality FM 'stereo' receiver. I have finally got all the plans for it..using the Philips' TEA5711T (receiver and decoder) IC, along with the TDA7050 mono/stereo audio amplifer IC. With just these two chips...although they are very small (SMD)...I have managed to get the unit up and running. What a wonderful sound...that STEREO! I even have some nice pictures of it...in case you want to see what it all looks like...put together.

I have the PCB layout and all the components I used for the project. Although the TEA5711T is an AM/FM receiver...I did not venture out to add components for the AM portion. Since my main interest lies in FM, I just used the chip for FM. You may want to make it both AM and FM...all left up to you, my friend! I also have the data sheets on both chips.

If you are interested in making this great little project, I can also tell you how to get in touch with Philip's Semiconductors, in order to get 'free'sample chips of both IC's. They had sent me 5 each. Remarkable...that Philip's Company! So generous are they...in catering to hobbiests and college students. Thank God we all fall under that heading!

And also, I just wanted to say hi, from the cajun boy down here in Louisiana! Hope everyone is doing well in life...

Hoping to hear from you, my friends...should your interest be peeked into making this wonderful little receiver!

...great to have sent you all  this letter my friends and do have a very rewarding week ! ! !

...your friend, Patrick
W4JBE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 12:40:38 PM »

You've got my attention with this radio. Please email me (kc4yip@yahoo.com).  I tried the web address but could not locate it.  thank you...73...Jay
DATASHEET

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005, 06:54:21 PM »

http://www.datasheet4u.com

http://nl.datasheet4u.com

SPGOUGH

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 08:39:06 AM »

Can you send me details about this Rx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: