Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Use for Western Electric 715B tube?  (Read 838 times)
K4TLJ

Ignore
« on: January 04, 2009, 07:16:43 PM »

A friend gave me a WE 715B pulse modulator tube that he had in his stash for 40 years. I found info re the 715C which appears almost identical here. http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/sheets/049/7/715C.pdf

Has anyone found a good use for this tube in amateur radio? It has a plate dissipation of 60 watts with 225 watts input continuous duty but can pass 225000 watts in microsecond pulses! There are no curves for reduced plate voltage (say 1500 volts). The tube has four cathodes in parallel so can pass a LOT of current even at lower voltages. Looks like a fun tube to experiment with.
WA7NCL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 07:41:23 AM »

Sounds like it would make a nice base for a decorative lamp.

Otherwise it sounds like a great start on a WW2 radar unit.  If only you could find a magnetron.
AJ4CU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 04:44:25 AM »

Hi,

Here is a suggestion, If you live near any museum ships perhaps there may be a radio club on board and they might have a use for it.
Or you could Google for museum ships and contact their respective clubs and see if they need one.
I am part of the club that has restored several pieces of gear on the USS North Carolina, Battleship BB-55 and from time to time we need tubes that cannot be found onboard, I myself have donated tubes from my personal inventory.
Just a suggestion.

73 DE AJ4CU

Hari
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: