The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARE THERE STILL PLACES WHERE HAM LICENSES CAN BE BOUGHT W/O TEST  (Read 82942 times)
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Yesterday at 07:04:13 AM »

More plankeye gibberish that's as incomprehensible as another well known troll's drunk posts. The resemblance is uncanny.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:08:11 AM by N0YXB » Logged
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Yesterday at 07:39:11 AM »

THIS IS WD8T... edit...VECs have been selling licenses and handing them out to their good buddies for years and years...

PLANKEYE

...edit...I understand what he is saying ...

It's clear that neither of you understand the current and/or the previous licensing structure.

There has NEVER been a proven case anywhere of a VEC that violated the integrity of the VE licensing concept.

However, I can tell you for a FACT, that BEFORE the VEC was created, I was offered to be "signed off" for a ticket.
I turned the offer down,.................. Heck, I coulda been a WA8###.
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Yesterday at 04:58:42 PM »

M0HCN

Yea, the licenses are all pretty noddy, but they only form a starting point, setting some very minimal baseline to get on the bands, no big achievement there.

I do not understand the whole pride in having a license thing, pride in being a good operator with a clean station I can see, pride in DXCC or whatever I can see (not something I am interested in, but it is a broad church), pride in having built some neat engineering I can see, but pride in having passed an easy test and gotten a callsign, not so much.....

Regards, Dan.

PLANKEYE

The above statement is not me.  This thread was not started by me but are there still places where ham licenses can be bought w/o test?  In the history of our beloved hobby has there EVER been such a thing? 
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: