Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with ULS  (Read 3209 times)
AA1UZ

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2000, 12:09:05 PM »

I am having trouble with the FCC's ULS.  When ever I try to do something the requires my SSN and password I enter them in, but it insists the the SSN and password are wrong.  I am 99% sure the I am entering my password in correctly.  When I registered, I used IE, could this be the problem?
If anyone can help you can E-Mail me at: aa1uz@arrl.net.

Thanks
Drew
AA1UZ

W5KAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2000, 01:47:16 PM »

Drew, it is my understanding that, at least for the time being, Netscape is the only browser you can use to successfully access ULS.  It is, of course, available free on the Internet but it is a pain to have to download, load and use a browser for one lousy transaction.  While I'm on the subject, good luck understanding the jargon on ULS.  Written by folks for whom English is a second language.  Good Luck.  73 de Kenn W5KAP

73 de Kenn
WT3A

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2000, 02:32:50 PM »

WHAT DIRTY SHAME AND A SHAM !

THERE IS NO REASON WHY THE FCC COULDN'T CONTINUE ALLOWING AMATEURS TO RENEW THEIR LICENSES VIA THE 610 FORMS.
NEW LICENSEES AND UPGRADES I COULD SEE VIA ELECTRONIC
FORMAT (VEC).

WHAT ABOUT AMATEURS WHO DON'T HAVE INTERNET ACCESS OR WHO
DON'T EVEN OWN A COMPUTER?  

HOW VALID OR LEGAL IS IT DUE NO "SIGNATURE" IS EVEN ON THE APPLICATION ??

THEY HAVE LOWERED THE TESTING REQUIREMENTS (BOTH CW AND WRITTEN) AND NOW WANT YOUR SS NUMBER ? ARE WE BECOMING A LATIN AMERICAN OR AFRICAN STATE WHERE THEY ARE MORE INTERESTED IN WHETHER YOU PAY YOUR TAXES AND OTHER DEBTS THAN YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE SUBJECT ? PERHAPS IN 10 YEARS TIME THE ONLY REQUIREMENT FOR EXTRA WILL BE A FOTOCOPY OF YOUR NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD AND A POLICE GOOD CONDUCT CERTIFICATE AND PAY A "$100 TAX" ?

73'S

BOB WT3A
KA4KYI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2000, 01:49:41 PM »

I just requested a duplicate license via ULS a couple of weeks ago and received it yesterday.  I used IE 5 and didnt have any problems.

Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: