Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Band Plan Changed with Restructuring???  (Read 2384 times)
N7FWL

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2000, 07:53:46 PM »

Since the advanced ticket is disappearing what is happening to the advanced frequency allocations on HF? Do only extras have access to these allocations or do generals have access too?

tnx
Phil
W6XK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2000, 01:21:32 AM »

All pre-April 15 band allocations by license class remain the same.  Both "old" and "new" Generals are restricted to the General Class bands described in Part 97.  Remember, the Advanced Class license still exists for pre-April 15 license holders.  The only difference is the fact that there will not be any new Advanced Class tickets issued in the future.  Current Advanced Class ops can still enjoy the "Advanced" class bands as designated in Part 97.  Remember, only the license classes changed NOT band allocations.
KC8NWX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2000, 10:00:56 PM »

Phil,

In regard to priviledges AFTER April 14th, new Generals do not have access to the Advanced portions of the bands.  General priviledges have not changed.  But, when you upgrade from General to Extra now, you gain both the Advanced priviledges and Extra priviledges.

So, let's say I only have my Tech ticket (which is true right now).  I go and upgrade to General, I gain all of the old General priveledges, and that's all I gain.  Then later, when I upgrade to Extra, I gain all of the old Advanced priviledges and all of the old Extra priviledges combined.  As far as NEW licensees, Advanced and Extra priveledges are lumped together.  You are just skipping the step of upgrading to Advanced to get Advanced priviledges.

Of course, like mentioned in the other post, all of the OLD priveledges haven't changed.  If you hold an old Advanced ticket, pre-April 14th, you haven't gained or lost any priviledges.

From what I read on ARRL, if it's true, if you are a Tech now and pass your element 1A, you gain Novice HF priviledges, although you cannot become an actual Tech Plus anymore.  I don't intend to do that, but I thought I would throw it in for good measure Smiley

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: