Welcome to CA..
I moved here 2 1/2 years ago from the UK on company move.
I've literally just got back in to radio after a 6 year gap/lapse.
So what are your options.
I was not able to just get a Tech licence based on my
Class B..(Well that's what I was told) So you can..
- Use /W6 only if your here for short period.
- Take the 1st theory exam, that will = "Tech", like a "B" in UK
- Then take the CW = "Tech" with very limited HF privileges.,
- Take 2nd theory = General HF with some limitations., Like "A" in UK now.
- Take 3rd theory = Extra.. Full Jobby..
I just took the 2 Theory tests, and the 5WPM CW test to get my General.
At present I'm just working on 10M on a dipole at 20', I'm having a blast.
23 Countries, 25 States in approx a month... Great fun.
Let me know if you have any questions.?
David - KG6CIQ ex G8LIY
Not sure if you have ever looked at doing CW..
I tried for years.. Then somebody here suggested Code Quick.. ( http://www.cq2k.com/
Well approx 1hr per day for 26days.. I took the test & passed.
They also do the theory exams also.
The theory tests here are multiple choice.
The CW is either answer questions on the Code sent to you,
or they look for 1 min of error free copy, that is approx 25 Chrs..