The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FRN for code test  (Read 3584 times)
10SQUARED

Ignore
« on: December 18, 2002, 06:51:10 PM »

A couple of weeks ago I took and passed the exams for elements 2, 3, and 4. I'm now ready to take the code test and plan to take it next week. I do not yet have an FRN. When my tech license is issued will an FRN be generated at the same time? If I don't have the tech by then will it cause a problem if I register and get an FRN to use for the code test?
AG4WX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 11:12:54 PM »

Hey.. First off, congratulations on passing all the written elements at one sitting!

As for the FRN, it will be generated when you get your tech license, but it's not completely necessary, and you'll need more than that. You should have gotten a CSCE (Certificate of Successful Completion of Exam) after you passed your Elements 2, 3 and 4. This is all you need to show when you take your code test (along with the standard ID, etc) for them to process your license as an Extra class operator.  

If you don't have your CSCE, contact the VE team you took your exam with RIGHT AWAY. Even if you get your FRN and tech license, this won't show that you passed elements 3 and 4. The CSCE is NECESSARY to show this. As a matter of fact, nothing is filed with the FCC besides license grants and upgrades; it is the VEC that has you on record as passing the Elements 3 and 4 -- the FCC doesn't even know about that yet if no General or Extra class license has been granted.

If you have your CSCE, that's all you need. (Just make sure your name and address on the forms for your code test are EXACTLY the same as what you put on the form 605 for your last exam session, so things can "match up" once they get to the FCC).

If you don't have your CSCE, contact your VE team IMMEDIATELY!

Best of luck!

Chris / AG4WX
10SQUARED

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2002, 06:47:34 AM »

OK, that clarifies things greatly. The VE did issue my CSCE so if my tech is not issued by the day before the test I will go ahead and register for a FRN and use that. Thank you very much.
KG4VGH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2002, 10:05:50 AM »

Don't know if this helps....
Wife and I both got our FRN before any exams....
brought the print out to the exam...had no problem with it....
We both had a problem using SS # for  ID...
Pete
WF3M

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2003, 09:23:03 AM »

What the hell's an FRN?
WPVS546

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2003, 01:14:47 PM »

FCC Registration Number, part of the ULS (Universal Licensing System). Check it out at http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: