Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question about the new tech question pool  (Read 667 times)
K1ZC

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2003, 01:55:01 PM »

Computer modeling is exactly how they came up with those numbers.  All the calculations are found in OET Bulletin 65, Supplement B which is available on the FCC web site.

I am not sure there is a short description other than "Minimum Compliance Distance".

W8BBS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 02:00:29 PM »

As I've mentioned, I'm writing a study guide for the new tech question pool.  I wrote one for the previous pool, but the new pool has changed quite a bit, much more emphasis on RF evaluation.

There's a new graphic page, it has 2 figures, T0-1 and T0-2.  T0-1 is a chart of power density limits for different frequencies.  Figure T0-2 is 5 different charts, they give distances to meet RF power density guidelines.  

Is T0-2 the result of computer modeling?  I'm not familiar with either of these charts, what would be a good, short description to use to refer to them?

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question, maybe it should be in RF safety, but I thought perhaps someone interested in licensing may have looked at the new tech questin pool out of curiosity.

Thanks,
bruce
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: