Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How long for hardcopy to arrive  (Read 575 times)
KB9YUR

Ignore
« on: June 19, 2003, 06:19:49 AM »

How long after a callsign appears on the FCC website should the paperwork arrive in the
 mail? My wife's callsign appeared on June 12, 2003, but still no hardcopy in the mail.

George ..
K1ZC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 09:45:46 AM »

I got mine very quickly, like two or three days after it appeared on the ULS.  You should have it soon.  

If it still doesn't show up, you might want to use this trick - any change to a license generates a fresh printed copy.  So, if your license shows that you live at 111 Main St. do an administrative update to change your address to 111 Main Street or make some other trivial tweak (5 digit to 9 digit zip code, etc).  
WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 01:00:53 AM »

Hi George,
    It's strange that the hardcopy has taken so long, considering it appeared in the FCC database.  Last year, I upgraded on a Saturday, the new info was in the DBase on Tuesday morning, and I had the paper (from all the way across the country) in Thursday morning mail. (I never even got to operate /AE!).  So it might be worth an inquiry.  They might have a temporary slowdown/personnel shortage, and it's just taking a bit longer to process things.  I'd hold off on any "license mod" trick as that can just confuse and clog the system even more.  As long as the license is in the FCC database, it's valid and can be used, even if the paper hasn't arrived.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: