The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Ham in Canada (SSB at bottom of 40m)  (Read 2728 times)
AB0SI

Ignore
« on: August 21, 2003, 11:22:15 AM »

I have read the rules, but since IANAL (I am not a lawyer) that does not mean I understand them. Perhaps someone reading this can help me. (If you do, I promise not to tune up on top of your QSO for a full month.)

The question: Can I use SSB on 7050? This is leagl for Candians operating in Canada; would it be leagl for me (US Extra) operating in Canada?

thanks

Paul  AB0SI

N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 07:12:01 PM »

You Should probably check with the Canadian authorities to be sure, but I have a feeling this is a case of "when in Rome ..."; that is, while in Canada you follow their band plan.

Lon
VA3DDD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 08:11:26 PM »

Paul:

Welcome to the joys of our strange bandplan.

A good resource for you while in Canada is: http://www.rac.ca/rcip.htm as well as the 'official' document from our equivalent of the FCC, Industry Canada: RIC-2 http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/internet/insmt-gst.nsf/vwGeneratedInterE/sf01226e.html

Short answer: given you are an Extra in the US, you have the equivalent in Canada of Basic, Advanced and morse qualifications and can operate SSB on 7050.

Enjoy!

73 de VA3DDD, Marcel (also KA3DDD)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: