Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham and GMRS  (Read 915 times)
KB9YTQ

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2004, 12:15:33 AM »

I know another ham who believes that his ham license also covers GMRS usage.  While I have could care less about GMRS, I don't want him to get in trouble with the FCC for operating unlicensed.  Does a tech license cover GMRS usage too, or do you still have to pay the $75 for the 5 year license?

73s,
KB9YTQ
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 09:11:44 AM »

Your ham license does NOT cover GMRS.  You will have to pay for and get the GMRS license if you wish to use this service.
W7KKK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 01:59:49 PM »

Yes, and some of us need to start reading or asking questions rather than assuming what they rules are.
OBSERVER11

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 01:36:41 AM »

his ham license no more gives him license to GMRS as it does to the local fire or police channels.

Each service is licensed, not one license covers all.
N9AS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 05:42:10 AM »

Yes his license does cover GMRS and any other frequency in the case of an emergency.

N9AS
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 08:09:27 PM »

N9AS:

<< Yes his license does cover GMRS and any other frequency in the case of an emergency. >>

That's not what he asked. Yes, he could call for help on a frequency his license doesn't cover, but it had better be a case of imminent death or severe personal injury!!!

Anything less is an illegal use of the frequency and if it's a law enforcement / public service frequency the license holder of that frequency can prosecute the guy.

Hams need to get over this ideas that just because they have a ham license, anything goes.

Lon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: