The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vintage Chinese Military Models?  (Read 1150 times)
KB7NRK

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:42:21 AM »

Any body know where to get info on older Chinese Military radios? Models and pictures?

Thanks,
John
K3HVG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 02:22:25 PM »

Check out a UK site called Army Radio.  Also, search on one of several Chinese model numbers such as the 102E or the XD6.  There's a fair amount of data out there, including a Hong Kong collector's site.
KB7NRK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 11:03:37 AM »

K3HVG,
OK, went to Army Radio Sales and read the articles by William Howard about radios used in the Vietnam War. Mostly Chicom built units.

Very interesting reading!

Have already seen the Hong Kong site and a few other's. There's really not a lot of info out there, I think the articles on the Army Radio Sales site is about the most comrehensive.

I've become interested in Chicom radios since I picked up a US R-174/URR and complete AN/GRR-5 with another one on the way. Curious how the "other side" stacked up against our gear.

John
K3HVG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 11:49:20 AM »

If you come across a 102E/XD6 radio set, I wrote the mods for the ac power supply and how to get them on the air, alignments, et al.  Be happy to share the info with you.  I have one one that air and they work very well, indeed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: