Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: better check with the fcc website  (Read 966 times)
WM9V

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2008, 12:41:18 PM »

better check with the fcc website to make sure your licensing info is correct or exists at all

if you have a general radiotelephone license check the admin section to see if the number is there
if you dont please post your problems results here
KA0P

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 03:27:33 PM »

I checked and mine is not there, I had the First Class and it was converted to a GROL in 1985 I am incontact with them via email, but so far all they have said is it is not there, and have not asked me to send in a copy to them.
W9IQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 05:14:36 PM »

I came across my Commercial license with ship radar endorsement a year ago while cleaning and got to thinking about associating with my FRN. I couldn't find the CM number through any FCC search tool.

I emailed the FCC and referenced my CM PG number asking what I should do. I never got a reply but a few weeks later, my CM license showed up when searching the ULS system. I then associated it with my FRN. Problem solved.

Good luck.
WA4BLM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 01:47:42 PM »

I tried associating my CM license with ULS but kept getting a "not found" error.  After I had tried to enter it several ways (except the right one) I sent an e-mail to the FCC and got a pretty quick response back.  On my license the number is in the format of PG-6-11111.  The e-mail said to enter it as PG0611111 (no dashes and a zero between the PG and the 6).  I entered it that way and it accepted it.

WM9V

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 02:15:19 PM »

Hi Everyone ....
Many thanks to all those who posted here about their Commercial license . I can't thank you enough . These days we can all communicate via eham and other similar sites.
If you know of other people who have had GRTs , please ask them to research the FCC site to make sure that their license shows up.

I encourage anyone who has, or had a commercial license to double check the FCC website for verification.
Unfortunately in my instance , I dont have the paper copy of the license with the number on it.

I can tell you with certainty that a fellow ham who took the exam at the same time I did has no record of his commercial license either.

At this point I have the new elements and will try to get motivated to retake the exam .
In effect, I will have to retest and repass a license I was granted 15 years ago .

My reasons are two fold.
I need the license to get a Brevard county occupational license.
I need the license as a qualification to get a job.

Your remarks are fascinating insight into an agency that is obviously suffering morale and staffing problems.
How much you wanna bet ...the paper licenses are somewhere in a warehouse and they will eventually be destroyed.?
Sounds like the FCC computer database isn't capable or will never be updated.
73 Mike WM9V
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: