Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does PA have Navy MARS or Air Force MARS?  (Read 1326 times)
KB3RKJ

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2008, 12:14:28 PM »

Does PA have Navy MARS or Air Force MARS?

I have found a web site for PA Army MARS, but can't seem to find any info about Navy or Air Force.  I did a Google search but found nothing containing actual info.  One problem with a Google search is that there is a town in PA named Mars, PA.  So, any search that contains "PA" and "MARS" will return a bunch of results pertaining to Mars, PA.  

Anyway, I would probably just join Army MARS, but I was wondering if there is a larger group 0f Navy or Air Force MARS volunteers in PA.  I was born on an Air Force base, so I'd kind of like to join Air Force MARS if that is available in PA.  
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 12:59:16 PM »

I will guess there are more Army MARS members.

de NA4IT
K3WVU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 05:59:12 PM »

PA has an active Navy MARS program.  Go to www.navymars.org, click on 'Areas' and under the Northeast Area you'll find Region 3, click on Region 3 and the individual state websites will be listed near the bottom of the page.  You'll find a link to the PA MARS website there.

Dwight NNN0TPR
KA0P

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 05:55:02 PM »

Sir, PA does have a AF MARS state director, the reason the google does not work using the PA is that USAF MARS is set up as  a regional operation. The basic net the is region HF net. Each state may have a block of time, usually one or two hours each week for an administrative net. PA is in USAF MARS region 1. If you do a google for usaf mars region 1, you will see the region 1 website, and you can navigate through it for further information.  
Good luck in your searches.

Dave KA0P/AFA3GC  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: