Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone here ever operate at NNN0MJI?  (Read 7948 times)
N9MXY

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2009, 04:59:40 PM »

MCAS IWAKUNI JAPAN. I was never control operator there but did run some phone patches and RTTY back in the early 80's from that station. We were transitioning from Collins to ICOM 720's at that time it showed me the Japanese Rigs were here to stay.
It Would be neat to run into someone who operated there.
K4YZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 11:37:24 PM »

Afaid not...however I was @ NNN0MOQ (MCAS Futenma) as a guest op in 1980.  My personal MARS call was NNN0VVU at the time.  The very next year I was the NCOIC for NNN0MOC/MOF at Camp Butler on Okinawa and was the Asst NCOIC for the Island Wide program during the same period.  I also signed KA6CM/JR6 on the Amateur Bands.  (I added the /JR6 since the 2X2 calls were new then and everyone thought I was just another California op otherwise)

Funny how I got there...I had a smart-### NCOIC in the CH53 unit I deployed to Okinawa with...He thought he was sending me to Fleet Duty pergatory as a Rifle Range safety NCO...Spent the 6 months in a private apartment with my own Amateur station in quarters and three 3KW HF positions at work!

Steve, K4YZ
(formerly KC8M then, KA6CM and NNN0VVU)
Winchester, TN
N9MXY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 11:31:02 AM »

Steve, At least you where in the neighborhood! JApan was the best duty regular fleet Marines could get IMHO that's why I spent 4 out of my 7yrs there!
NT6H

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 04:05:50 AM »

I operated at NNN0MJI from Nov. 1990 - Feb. 1991 before getting assigned to the base Comm Center when Desert Storm kicked off. What an amazing duty assignment and location! I later served as MARS Chief at NNN0MHK (KBAY, HI) from Apr. 1994 - Jun. 1996 when it closed. I was directed to mothball the equipment and was sent to IT training after which I was involved in bringing the Internet age to MCBH.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: