Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Drones, a local problem. How can I jam them?  (Read 91138 times)
WD7Z

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: October 20, 2014, 09:31:50 PM »

Thanks for the info.  My fixed income is not going to allow it but drones look like they would be a lot of fun.  I have the perfect back yard for that sort of thing.  Getting hold of anyone at THIS tower could be kind of difficult but staying below 400' would solve that problem anyway. 

To the Gentleman who lives within 5 miles of an airport, you may operate any RC Aircraft in this region simply by notifyling the control tower. A simple phone call. and ONLY if you plan to fly above 400'. Operations below that altitude are for all intents and purposes unrestricted.

K7AAT

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: October 21, 2014, 01:34:49 PM »

I doubt anyone would be any more successful trying to 'jam' an RC 'drone'  than they would cell phones.   However,  no one here seems to be cognizant of the fact that most RV quad copters (drones),  at least the ones that I have been exposed to,  have the capability to automatically fly back to their point of takeoff....if their control signal is lost.  They do NOT simply hover in place until battery goes dead.

Ed   K7AAT
W9KEY

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Yesterday at 09:23:43 PM »

so after reading about the drunk drone op (see link below), i wonder how bad an incident will have to be before they are banned, or at least have to be registered with local police?
Government employee piloted drone that crashed at White House http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/01/26/obama-white-house-device-josh-earnest/22338781/
Soon to be the subject of new federal regulations, drones are also a source of concern for law enforcement throughout the nation, including at the White House.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Today at 01:00:01 AM »

If you have stock in a drone company I suggest you sell now.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: