Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham radio software for FreeBSD?  (Read 2099 times)
KC2ELS

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2000, 02:56:21 AM »

While there's tons of stuff out there for Linux and Windows, I can't seem to find much software available for FreeBSD users.  Linux has the AX.25 hack that makes things kindasorta work, but there's nothing like that currently available for FreeBSD.  Some web searching turns up some old emails where people discussed adding AX.25 support to FreeBSD, but nobody actually got around to "doing it right" and adding it to the kernel.  I'd love to get hold of some user-mode and kernel-mode software to mess with packet radio and FreeBSD.  If anyone has any suggestions, please, let me know.  While I know it is possible to do Linux emulation, I'm really hoping to do this natively if at all possible.  Also, since my firewall will be running OpenBSD, I'd like to stick my TNC right on the firewall as yet another interface.  If anyone's thought about _that_, please feel free to share.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: