Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Long Did it take for the FCC to post your new  (Read 8202 times)
KD5ILF

Ignore
« on: May 03, 2000, 04:26:42 PM »

My XYL passed her Tech. April the 8th.  Her new call was posted on the www.fcc.gov/wtb/uls/ site today, 3 May. That is about three and one half weeks assuming the paper work was sent to the ARRL VEC on the 10th of April. <bk>

Any body else been waiting a "bit"?
AC7CF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2000, 11:31:19 PM »

I passed my Extra on April 1 and my upgrade was posted on the 25th so about 3.5 weeks also.
W5JBP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2000, 12:16:32 PM »

We got over 15,000 applications for April 15th. All the VEC's are running behind. However a lot of overtime is being put in to catch up.

Jim Haynie, W5JBP
President, ARRL
KG6AOR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2000, 04:36:04 PM »

I was one of the 15,000 who upgraded on the 15th. I heard that some of the sites were able to link in directly such that upgrades were posted as early as the following Monday evening. Anyone know how to get hooked up with this software? Certainly would make it easier for the VEs.

Michael Toback KG6AOR
KC5MEI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2000, 04:40:18 PM »

I upgraded to General on April 19th and still no listing in the FCC data base. K1DON upgraded on the 15th
and his upgrade hasn't been posted either. Too bad ULS didn't work out, the VEC's could have posted most of the upgrades electronically.
N6TGK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2000, 12:40:14 PM »

I actually took the written exam in February and went to a VEC session the weekend before April 15th with my CSCE in hand.  The VECs made a copy of the CSCE and I gave them the amount requested for testing and such and they sent the CSCE and the 605 on April 17th.  The application then posted on the FCC's website on the 22nd and the license was granted on the 24th.  I got the license in the mail around the 30th as did my friend who upgraded at the same time.
W7ZJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2000, 02:34:41 PM »

I passed my Extra on the 13th of Feb. The lic was issued on the on the 9th of March.  My vanity request was submitted on the 3rd of April and was granted on the 21st of April...Hope this helps but seems like 3 weeks id the rule for the FCC at this time.....73s  
KG8BE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2000, 08:21:09 PM »

I did the April 15th paper upgrade to extra... Still havent seen the posting...
KD5ILF

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2000, 10:05:10 AM »

What VEC did you use?  How long did it take for your liscence, upgrade, or what ever to show up?  

I suspect that some of them are far more automated, organized or something.  Perhaps we can find out who is giving the fastest service and shift our future "business" their way.
KD5ILF

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2000, 10:12:26 AM »

I am also on one of those 15,000 applications received by the ARRL VEC.  I upgraded to extra on the 15th so this is an issue of some importance to me.  Perhaps I am being given EXTRA time to get my HF antennas up before it arrives.   Yes, I know I don’t really have to wait.

Best regards,
N6VLR

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2000, 10:43:22 AM »

I upgraded to Extra on April 15 through the ARRL VEC. Still no word. My uncle upgraded to General on the 15th  in Kentucky, also through the ARRL VEC.His upgrade was posted last week. Perhaps these are being processed by call areas?Or in my case I requested a new call sign, does that take longer? As to whether to shift our business to another VEC, at least I haven't been seeing a bunch of re-examinations ordered for ARRL.
K2ADX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2000, 11:56:38 AM »

...Submitted CSCE at April 20 testing.....3 weeks and 1 day, still no posting at ULS.
W5KAP

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2000, 11:59:29 AM »

Well here it is 1 month later and still no posting of the upgrade to Extra.  In this day and age of computers, why are we still using Snail Mail to post these kinds of changes.  If we pride ourselves on being on the cutting edge of technology, we need to do a better job of utilizing that same technology.  This should have been and could have been a showcase for the use of computers to show their mettle.  All this was, in reality, was an update to an already existing database.

73 de Kenn W5KAP/AE

73 de Kenn
N6VLR

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2000, 09:48:11 AM »

Well mine showed up Saturday on the FCC ULS. Four weeks to the day. Godd luck to those still waiting.
WA2MHY

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2000, 12:50:58 PM »

Almost 4 1/2 weeks and still no upgrade posted at FCC.  Hope that the ARRL VEC is getting it's act together.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: