Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morse Code flash cards  (Read 2724 times)
KD5MCD

Ignore
« on: December 01, 2000, 08:09:36 PM »

I have heard someone speak of a set of flash cards which are very good for learning code.  There is a card per letter with a picture and a phrase which helps you learn the code for the letter by sounding like the actual code.  It's compared to learning code like a language.

If anyone knows where I can obtain a set, I would appreciate a post to this topic or an e-mail to KD5MCD@aol.com.

73s
Regina KD5MCD
KF2TZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2000, 04:09:00 PM »

Hello. You can make them yourself with 3X5 cards. A blind friend of mine told me not to use pictures when studying code. Get use to the sound. He can receive by ear 30 plus wpm and probably more. I think he's right. I saw him listen to a contact that I couldn't make it out, too fast. Well whatever way you go, Good luck! Learn the code. 73! Greg.
AG4DG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2000, 06:04:46 PM »

This sounds like the Code Quick program.  Go to:
http://www.cq2k.net

I used Code Quick to learn Morse Code, and IT RULEZ!  There are MANY testimonials on this site and on USENET.
RobertKoernerExAE7G

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2001, 12:55:38 PM »

Listening to code seems to work pretty good for me; especially tapes of random characters and numbers sent in blocks of 5.

Off hand, I'd think twice about using anything you might have to "un-learn" later -- the entire point of CW is that we listen to it, not look at it as nemonics on flash cards.

One of the problems I developed while learning code was counting dits or dahs, and then figuring out what letter or number it was.  I've had to "un-learn", which we can't do, or learn another way to recognize the sound of characters without counting -- I had to learn them a differnt way.
K3UOD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2001, 12:34:50 PM »

When I decided to upgrade to Extra, I hadn't worked CW in years.  Morse Academy software took me from 10WPM to  24WPM in no time.  It's fully adjustable in speed and difficulty so it's a great teaching tool regardless of your skill level.

It also generates sample tests which really helps you prepare for your exam (or to teach others).

It's free!  Many download sites.  Here's one:

http://www.flash.net/~nars/downmors.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: