Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: logging software  (Read 922 times)
W8TG

Ignore
« on: May 25, 2000, 07:45:01 AM »

I have searched in vain for a good windows logging program for just basic qso record keeping. Packet, radio control, contesting or even award tracking is not really necessary. Does such software exist?
N8XMS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2000, 07:51:42 AM »

I really like the LOGic software by PDA (Personal Database Applications), but it's much more than just a basic log program so it might be more than you want.  I am currently using version 4.04 but I plan on upgrading when they come out with a one that supports the new ARRL electronic file format.  

For a long time I kept QSO records on an Excel spreadsheet, which worked great.  With Excel you can completely customize the data fields (including adding new fields later that you didn't originally think about), sort and re-sort your records in many different ways, and look-up old QSO's immediatly.  There are also a variety of ways to print-out reports, including exporting the records into your word processor.  Although I've never done it, I'm sure that most of this ability would also be available in the basic Microsoft Works software that comes with just about every PC.  Microsoft Access is another database program that could be used for basic logging.
W2EJG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2000, 08:30:23 PM »

I switched up to Log-EQF for general logging purposes.

I only DX on CW, so I don't need bells and whistles.

For sweeps I use a specific program. Try Log-EQF, you'll

like it.

Bob W2EJG
KB8ZMS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2000, 03:51:23 AM »

The best logging program I have found is XMLog. It has other features such as rig control, packet, etc., but it does not appear on the main screen. You can find it at http://www.xmlog.com Best of all, it's freeware!
N8XI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2000, 07:31:01 AM »

For a Windoze based logging program "Logger" by Bob, K4CY
does pretty well and it will do PSK-31.

You can down load Version 5.07 from

http://www.psk31.com
KF4MFQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2000, 03:35:20 PM »

I also use Logger.  It is pretty user friendly and has nice awards tracking features (WAS,WAC,DXCC,IOTA etc.).  Also handles PSK31 well, if you get interested in that.

73 de Chris, KF4MFQ
K4IA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2000, 10:59:14 PM »

Cast my vote for Logger.  It works great and since it is free - you can ignore what you don't want to use and not feel guilty.
N1HWQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2001, 10:52:35 AM »

You might want to check out Net Logger at http://mrs.hypermart.net. This recommendation may seem
a bit self-serving, seeing how I wrote the program, but hey, it's freeware, it supports every callbook program, and I'm told it's very easy to use.  Wink

Chris, N1HWQ

WA7CC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2001, 12:38:13 AM »

XMLOG is what I use.  It does the essentials well and it's free at www.xmlog.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: