Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mad Scientists' Club is back in print!  (Read 665 times)
AD7DB

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2001, 05:15:32 PM »

One of the books I most clearly remember from my childhood is "The Mad Scientists Club" by Bertrand R. Brinley. It was one of the more influential books I read at the time and I can say that I got interested in ham radio because of it, though I didn't get my license until much later.

It's been out of print for years, but now it's back! Sheridan Brinley, son of the original author, is bringing back both "The Mad Scientists Club" as well as the sequel, "New Adventures of the Mad Scientists Club." He also plans to publish two more Mad Scientists books.

In case you never heard of them, the Mad Scientists were a group of young men in a small town having lots  of fun with radios and electronics. T-hunting figured into some of the stories, and they also did some elaborate pranks using radio controlled equipment, including a flying manniquin and a flying saucer. They also "haunted" an old house, made a fake lake monster, and in their serious adventures, helped find a downed pilot.

Read more about Brinley and his stories at
http://www.madscientistsclub.com/

and you can buy the books at the publisher's website:
http://www.purplehousepress.com/msc.htm

Long Live the Mad Scientists Club!
KD6JLS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 02:06:44 PM »

That was one of my favorite books as a kid, too. I think I'll get copies for my two nephews. Thanks for the info.

-Mark KD6JLS
W5WJP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2002, 12:48:10 PM »

I was a Doc Savage fan.......hope bring those books back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: