Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little off topic, but this is where it's suppose  (Read 633 times)
KC0LOE

Ignore
« on: December 15, 2001, 05:29:50 PM »

I love HAM radio.  I also like CB radio too.  I like to listen to the truckers when I travel, etc.  Anyway I am looking to buy a new or newer 11meter radio.  My question is, is does any one use SSB on 11meters any more?  If theres  no activity on 11meters ssb, then I won't spend the extra cash and get one with it.  Thanks for the help.
KD5QFL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 04:06:32 AM »

KC0LOE,
the Cobra 148gtl is a great 11m radio with sideband. This is radio that I run now.
For the ssb use, that mainly depends, if there is a group in your area that runs a net on ssb.
If you figure you can live without 11m ssb, I would suggest either the Cobras 25wx or the  
29wx radios. The wx models have the weather band recieve. 25wx has 3 w.b. channels and I
believe the 29wx has the full 7 w.b. channels.

Hope this helps a little bit,   Will,    KD5QFL,    RoadKill
AG4HY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2002, 06:59:46 PM »

I have both a citizens band and 2 meter IC. in the car, and; around here at least, if you want to talk to anyone, you'll have to do it on cb, reason is there just simply <nothing> on 2 meters, except the deaffining silence, and growl of static when one of the repeaters comes on and no one there. oh yea we have one repeater. that gives the time.
willie   ag4hy
AG4HY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2002, 06:59:48 PM »

I have both a citizens band and 2 meter IC. in the car, and; around here at least, if you want to talk to anyone, you'll have to do it on cb, reason is there just simply <nothing> on 2 meters, except the deaffining silence, and growl of static when one of the repeaters comes on and no one there. oh yea we have one repeater. that gives the time.
willie   ag4hy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: