Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay radio prices too high  (Read 1590 times)
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2002, 05:21:50 PM »

Your very right there;but not exactly.  People can be easily taken by a radio that is not there fault. Sure if they are taken by a lets say kennwood HF radio for $400 and they want it thinking it is nice they will bid $450 and then someone else bids then again they bid and so on.  now this radio could in minutes be $600.  Does that make someone stupid because they were bidding a higher price for a radio?

The fact here is yes it does they could have gotton that same radio or a better one for somwhere between $400 and $600.  Now this may make no sense.  I am always so wishy washy;but the facts here are it is easy for someone to be taken by a radio and sometimes the radio should be sold for less.  I agree with you and others who say that a 'fair'price is what the buyer is willing to pay;but I also say that sometimes there is a line from the seller that is crossed.

Steve Xavier Anness,KD5OWO  

KB8ASO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2002, 03:38:25 PM »

If you think Ebay prices are too high, don't shop there.  The thing I hate is the Ebay professional dealers that go to the local fest and buy to resell.  This only makes prices higher.  What is the motivation to sell at the local hamfest if you know your items are being resold on Ebay for more money?   Right!  You sell your stuff on Ebay and skip the hamfest.  We lost one hamfest this year and I expect that more will follow next year.  There is no reason to go anymore as anything that is any good ends up on Ebay one way or other.  All that is left is junk or goods that will not even sell on Ebay for the stupidly high prices asked.  How many hamfests have you gone to and have not seen one or two HF rigs or modern handhelds for sale?  Ebay has ruined hamfests.
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2002, 03:51:45 PM »

That reminds me of the people that are selling stuff they recieved at estates.  The only stuff my dad sells on ebay is things that e have found and want to get rid of.  He has also sold old computers on ebay for his work.  

I came across a auction for a old ICOM HT that was from an estate the "Buy It Now" option price was $88 I saw an Icom radio at a Hamfest which looked to be about the same model just a few differences for $40.

We shop at ebay for the deals.  Right now tho I am beating a dead horse.

Steve,KD5OWO
K0RFI

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2002, 02:53:24 PM »

I normally don't bid on radios, some think that I have too many already, but here is a website that shows the average selling price of radios on Ebay:

http://www.aade.com/hampedia/prices2.htm

Check out this site before you decide what your maximum bid should be.
73. Mike k0rfi
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2002, 07:49:06 PM »

Thanks for the URL.  My dad only bids on radios to get better deals on things he really needs or wants really bad.  Other then that he just picks up deals at hamfest.  Hey we can't let ebay take over.  

Steve,KD5OWO
WB9WHE

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2002, 11:03:42 AM »

Maby what we need is a government entity to "set prices" for used ham gear.  Maby it should be a federal agency, with the power to "fine" sellers that ask for too much. That way, you judgemental people can stick your big fat noses into (and have your say in) other people's business.  Or, maby, just maby, you whiners should mind your own business. If you don't like the price, just keep moving.
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2002, 04:54:22 PM »

Okay, I will admit that there is no prices set on ebay in fact everything that is done just happens.  Somtimes radios seem more expensive because on other auctions that radio is cheaper. Now I happen to look on ebay alot and my dad has also boughta HF radio from ebay he was watching several auctions but after an auction got past a certain amount of money he went to another auction.  The fact here is there is no 'fair price' on ebay.  If a radio price is too high don't buy it.  

Steve,KD5OWO
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: