Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chargers  (Read 391 times)
HAMWANNAB

Ignore
« on: August 25, 2002, 03:52:41 PM »

I don’t know if this is too off topic or in the wrong place.  I thought this seemed the best place.

I have a question about battery chargers.

I would like to purchase a universal battery charger.  With all the batteries for the camcorder and radio (aviation) ect. And a different charger with each one I was thinking it might be nice to have one to do them all.

But the real reason is I have just started to play airsoft.  This is a game like paintball but it uses battery powered guns.

These batteries are the usual 7.2,8.4,9.6V packs, sometimes larger, but always with large mah, like starting at 1500 and going to 3000.  Of course rapid charge would be nice, but i would like to condition the batteries to keep them in shape too.  We use the Ni-CAD and Ni-MH.

Can any body recommend a charger other than the Maha c777?  I just wonder if they have any competition.
Thanks
Eric

p.s.

My email is not correct.  I hope that’s ok.  I just hate getting spam.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2002, 05:57:48 AM »

Good luck! Universal chargers usually give universal results. NiCads, halides, mercury, and rechargable alkalines all require specific rates and voltages for charging. Can it be done? Sure. Should it? No!

Alan, KØBG

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: