Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Filter for IC-718  (Read 490 times)
WB2WIK

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2003, 12:24:29 PM »

Yes, any filter soldered in can be (carefully) removed and replaced with a different one later.  The filters are pretty tolerant of soldering heat.

Whether you will really gain anything by using a narrow CW filter is another story.  I have four narrow CW (IF) filters in my rig, a Kenwood TS-850S/AT, including filters at 500 Hz and 270 Hz, and now that's done, I should have spent the money on more antennas or something else -- I almost never use the narrow filters, although I operate CW a lot.  Simply using the standard 2.7 kHz SSB filters, and a good set of headphones, and filtering out the QRM in my gray matter, works very well and results in more satisfying operation for me, and for many.

WB2WIK/6
KD5VQK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 11:34:17 AM »

What is the CW best filter to use for an Icon IC-718? This is a base station with a long-wire antenna. I understand that the IC-718 only accepts one additional filter and that it must be soldered in. Can this be changed out once soldered?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: