Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with my CQ subscription.  (Read 461 times)
KG4YJR

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2003, 12:44:06 PM »

I've had nothing but problems since I subscribed to CQ magazine in January 2003. Twice I've had to email them about lost issues. When my April issue did not arrive I contacted them about the missing issue and requested a refund for my remaining subscription.  Richard M. contacted me and told me that this was an isolated case, that they have thousands of satisfied customers who always get their issues on time. He assured me that my missing issues would be replaced and a refund would be activated. Over a week and a half still no (outdated) issues or refund have materialized. I'm only getting the "it's the post offices fault" response. It's funny, all my other mail is getting to me just fine including my QST magazine. Is this an isolated problem? Has anybody else had to deal with these people and got the same excuses for similar problems?
N3BIF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 12:27:35 PM »

Having worked in the mailing/shipping field for 20 years, I am sure that you are "it" right now. Experience shows that at times the "whatever can go wrong will" syndrome effects folks for no apparent reason just like getting hit by lightning or winning the lottery, things just happen. I am sure that CQ, of which i have no interset,didnt get to be succesful these many years by running a slipshod operation. Be patient it is just your turn in the barrel.  
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 08:22:45 PM »

I also subscibed in late Dec and asked that the January issue be my first.  In late January I had to call to get the Jan issue, which they sent 1st class mail.  Then the Feb issue didn't show up and I called again.  Again they sent a 1st class mail issue..  And then in March after the Mar issued arrived on time, the 4th class Feb issue (looking somewhat worse for wear) showed up.  April and May arrived on time, and in good shape.  

So there is hope. I took my extras to the Dentists office so there would be something other than Good Housekeeping for other folks to read.

Hang in there.
de W5CPT
Clint
WB2DLF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 11:51:41 AM »

I've had a "Life Time" subscription to CQ for many years.   Not my most favorite publication but the only problem I have ever had was when I changed address.   CQ sent me all the missed issues, took little extra time but I recieved them.    On a further note, I am now waiting for a pkg. mailed from Ga.    Been 8 working days.   Called post office and explanation was:  "could take up to 2wks., depending on how it was mailed".   Think I will buy the U.S. Postal Service and "fire" everyone, maybe then service will improve.  hi.
KG4YJR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 12:23:24 PM »

I can honestly understand an occasional mistake every now and then but only getting two issues on time in five months and blaming the post office is unacceptable. We aren't allowed that luxury in life with our financial obligations. I can't pay my electric bill twice in five months and then tell the utility company that I mailed the rest of the payments but the post office keeps losing them and keep getting away with it. It's a shame as I did enjoy reading the magazine when I got it but most of the time I was reading old dated material by the time replacement issues were sent. I've cancelled my subscription and have been refunded for the remainder of it. I never got what I paid for in the first place but a lesson learned. Some publishers work harder, some don't.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: