Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Ready Home Listings  (Read 358 times)
KB7VCO

Ignore
« on: May 20, 2003, 12:09:35 AM »

Does anyone know of a website or publication where a Ham can list and/or find a house for sale that is in a “Ham radio friendly” area and in some cases including towers, coax, etc.?
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 04:53:52 PM »

The ARRL publication QST has many such listings, although unfortunately they are spread all over the country (and sometimes the world!) and you'd have to be pretty lucky to find one exactly in your area of choice.

QTH.com also contains real estate "ham friendly" listings quite often.

It might be more productive to work with a local realtor in your area of choice and ask them to review all the listings in your price range by scanning their data base or books.  There's usually an exterior photo of the house, and a tower or ham antennas can be obvious.

It's very easy to sell a "ham friendly" property to another ham.  I advertised a home for sale in NJ when I was moving to a new one, and listed in only in QST magazine and nowhere else.  I was flooded with calls, and a fellow ham did indeed purchase the house and property -- and he came all the way from Sacramento, California to buy my old home in New Jersey!

(P.S. I sold the house myself, without ever listing it with any realty agency, in about two weeks.  Saved the 6-7% commission, the whole transaction was completely painless -- and the main reason the buyer wanted the house was that it was free of any encumbrances regarding towers or antennas.  I actually "threw in" a tower I had installed on the property, and some antennas, with the deal.)

WB2WIK/6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: